I Watch, I Wait, someday it will pop up

BoatsHateMe

Aug 21, 2021
Wisconsin
Hi Gang,

Since before I could drive I’ve been a fan of Mustangs. There are a LOT of nice cars, sports, muscle, luxury, rally etc but nothing turns my head like just about every mustang on the road. My dad, who passed when I was quite young, died in his early 30s. In his time I believe he owned 3 new mustangs from the mix 60’s to early 70s. In fact he passed in his Mustang. I don’t remember much about them except they were all green. So I think it’s in my blood.

I’m much older than he ever got and I’ve only had the pleasure of owning one - in 1983 my young self bought a 79 Cobra for $6,000 :(. Easily the most fun I’ve had driving a car, though only for three days. I let someone else drive me home one night and that person lost control on icy roads and wrecked it. So sad. I’ve never seen another like it but I’ll post about that in the fox forum.

I’m on the lookout now for something as I’m in a better position in life. I can’t justify new or even newer to myself yet, let alone my lovely wife. I figure if I find exactly what I wan and I can justify it to myself, then I’ll approach her. She knows I’m obsessed so it won’t be a surprise. I keep waiting for her to say “ honey, you work hard, you deserve that Mustang...”

I’ve got question about an ‘06 GT I’m looking at about what I suspect are some visible upgrades but I’m not certain. I’ll find the appropriate thread to post that in or if I can’t I’ll just circle back here.

• Sponsors (?)

Hi Gang,

Since before I could drive I’ve been a fan of Mustangs. There are a LOT of nice cars, sports, muscle, luxury, rally etc but nothing turns my head like just about every mustang on the road. My dad, who passed when I was quite young, died in his early 30s. In his time I believe he owned 3 new mustangs from the mix 60’s to early 70s. In fact he passed in his Mustang. I don’t remember much about them except they were all green. So I think it’s in my blood.

I’m much older than he ever got and I’ve only had the pleasure of owning one - in 1983 my young self bought a 79 Cobra for $6,000 :(. Easily the most fun I’ve had driving a car, though only for three days. I let someone else drive me home one night and that person lost control on icy roads and wrecked it. So sad. I’ve never seen another like it but I’ll post about that in the fox forum.

I’m on the lookout now for something as I’m in a better position in life. I can’t justify new or even newer to myself yet, let alone my lovely wife. I figure if I find exactly what I wan and I can justify it to myself, then I’ll approach her. She knows I’m obsessed so it won’t be a surprise. I keep waiting for her to say “ honey, you work hard, you deserve that Mustang...”

I’ve got question about an ‘06 GT I’m looking at about what I suspect are some visible upgrades but I’m not certain. I’ll find the appropriate thread to post that in or if I can’t I’ll just circle back here.
Saw your post about the Pace Car/ not a Pace Car! Either way......
Sucks how you lost it!
But like @KRUISR said...... post up some pics.
Pic one place to post and tell us your story and you’ll get plenty of help. Starting multiple threads all over the forum is a
recipe for disaster (we are all easily confused).
Welcome aboard, and good luck on your search for the right car!!

Pics of what you are looking at or a much better description is needed before any kind of thoughts or opinions can be given.
Sorry for the confusion, had read other welcome wagon threads where the OP was encouraged to start a thread in the associated sections of the forum and so I thought I’d post here what brought me here with a hello and then post a more relevant thread in the Fox section.

Anywho, I have found pics of this silver cobra but missing the big gaudy cobra hood decal.

Attachments

• 767610C8-E7E3-423A-9FBB-8955D7177FB0.jpeg
    767610C8-E7E3-423A-9FBB-8955D7177FB0.jpeg
    52.6 KB · Views: 22
Potomus I agree, I love those big old gaudy decals from those days
and Noobz that is another perfect example.
I’m trying to think if there were any other cars from that era that did something like that from the factory. A quick search only yielded the cobra and the Firebird / Trans Am