I went to the track today!

Heres a few things that helped me out a lot when i went to Island the first time. Get rid of the spare tire/jack/cardboardish spare cover and trunk carpet, lower rear tire pressure to 25 psi on street tires, get a shortbelt to bypass the a/c (if you need a/c to drive there, just pop the old belt off, and the short belt on when u get there), and ice the intake...Im pretty sure this is one of the reasons why i was running a lot slower the last 2 times i raced. I had iced the intake when i raced the first time, and i went to the tree and staged at about 170*...the last 2 times i raced, i didnt ice, and i went to the tree and staged at about 215*...let us know how it goes man!

• Sponsors (?)

I'm sorry but there is no way that with those mods it'd be anywhere near a mid 14 second car being that its an AODE 'vert. Stock its a low 16/high 15 second car and you have very little parts that actually add HP, the only big item you have is the TC and the gears which do make a big difference in AODE cars in ET, but not really in trap speed. When you say traction sucked, what do you mean? Did it spin? Did you torque brake it or just flash the converter with a quick stab of the throttle?

I do think the car should be a little quicker, but not by much. Just for comparison, my 5 speed 'vert needed the following to run at 14.9 at 91.5mph:
-3.73's
-bumped timing
-offroad X pipe
-flowmasters
-K&N w/ removed air silencer

Right now you just don't have the MPH for 14's without a killer launch.

The weather has sucked this summer for racing too. Wait until the fall and head back out. Run the car as cold as possible too.

Killercanary said:
I'm sorry but there is no way that with those mods it'd be anywhere near a mid 14 second car being that its an AODE 'vert. Stock its a low 16/high 15 second car and you have very little parts that actually add HP, the only big item you have is the TC and the gears which do make a big difference in AODE cars in ET, but not really in trap speed. When you say traction sucked, what do you mean? Did it spin? Did you torque brake it or just flash the converter with a quick stab of the throttle?

I do think the car should be a little quicker, but not by much. Just for comparison, my 5 speed 'vert needed the following to run at 14.9 at 91.5mph:
-3.73's
-bumped timing
-offroad X pipe
-flowmasters
-K&N w/ removed air silencer

Right now you just don't have the MPH for 14's without a killer launch.

The weather has sucked this summer for racing too. Wait until the fall and head back out. Run the car as cold as possible too.

wow, I did not think that verts had that much slower of a mph.

anyways, you can try different things to speed up
bump timing
remove backseat, spare, jack, and I think verts have weights if you have not removed that.

when I raced I removed everything from the trunk.. Toyed with the timing [which didn't help at all..maybe made my times worse] and i braught a bag of ice which I put on top of the upper intake manifold after each pass. wtf?

I agree that you should be running faster than that - get that EGR fixed, check for vacume leaks, and do a general tuneup if it's been a while.

A tune will help your AODE considerably!

Another comparison... I hit 15.3 @ 89 on my AODE 'vert w/ pullies, K&N and 14* w/ 2.4 60' on my first every 1/4 run. :)

yeah, you should definately get that EGR fixed.
Like Paul said, you have very little mods that actully add power. the gears and stall will help you get down the track quicker, but nothing to help it be faster. Like i have told ya before, i would get some pullies, a throttle body, some u/l control arms and then maybe get a cheap mail order chip made to help improve the shifts of the car and the accuracy.

Killercanary said:
I'm sorry but there is no way that with those mods it'd be anywhere near a mid 14 second car being ....

Far be it from me to Disagree with the mighty KC :p but the numbers speak for themselves lower the 60ft to 1.8 and that's 14.9 right there. Change those shift points a bit and stop spinning - subtract more time. He could be close to 14.5 for sure.

"Like Paul said, you have very little mods that actully add power. the gears and stall will help you get down the track quicker, but nothing to help it be faster."

Gears do not put you at a better speed at the end of the track?? :scratch: