• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech

Idle problem

  • Thread starter Thread starter 95five-oh
  • Start date Start date May 3, 2011
9

95five-oh

New Member
Jun 25, 2006
158
0
0
Mount Airy, MD
May 3, 2011
#1
  • May 3, 2011
  • #1
Hey guys, having some trouble lately with a high idle. While driving, I've noticed that the idle switches from the normal ~600rpm to around 2000rpm. If I stop driving and leave it in neutral for a minute, it comes down to around 1800. If I turn off the engine and wait a few seconds, then restart, idle returns to normal. Motor is bone stock aside from headers and a KN, I haven't done any work to it recently other than an oil change. 186k miles. I'm thinking IAC going bad? Anything else that could cause this? Does anyone have a pic of the IAC location on the TB? Thanks for any help...
 

Adam95GT

New Member
Aug 14, 2006
2,564
3
0
Burlington, NJ
May 3, 2011
#2
  • May 3, 2011
  • #2
95five-oh said:
Hey guys, having some trouble lately with a high idle. While driving, I've noticed that the idle switches from the normal ~600rpm to around 2000rpm. If I stop driving and leave it in neutral for a minute, it comes down to around 1800. If I turn off the engine and wait a few seconds, then restart, idle returns to normal. Motor is bone stock aside from headers and a KN, I haven't done any work to it recently other than an oil change. 186k miles. I'm thinking IAC going bad? Anything else that could cause this? Does anyone have a pic of the IAC location on the TB? Thanks for any help...
Click to expand...


clean it.
 
9

95five-oh

New Member
Jun 25, 2006
158
0
0
Mount Airy, MD
May 8, 2011
#3
  • May 8, 2011
  • #3
success.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

G
Idle surging after warm up
  • GALLY3309
  • Jun 10, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
202
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 10, 2026
Noobz347
7
Engine Random hanging idle
  • 706 Saleen
  • Feb 11, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
9
Views
739
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Feb 19, 2026
86HO5.0
8
J
High idle 2003 Mach 1
  • JohnnyUtah
  • Mar 29, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
233
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Mar 31, 2026
JohnnyUtah
J
F
Fox 1990 Mustang GT 5.0 A9L – Engine suddenly shuts off but immediately restarts when key turned
  • FishermansFriend
  • Aug 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
16
Views
524
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 30, 2026
General karthief
Engine Random Misfire at idle.
  • Gulftown980x
  • Jul 29, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
11
Views
439
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jul 31, 2026
squeak93
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?