Idler pulley bolt size

Nastang3

Jul 13, 2022
Indiana
Hey guys I have a 98 Mustang GT , as I was driving home my idler pulley bolt somehow came loose and flew out going down the road , thankfully close to home so made it to the house before belt failure . Now I need to clean up the threads and find a new idler pulley center bushing and bolt. Any idea of the bolt size ? I have the pulley still in good shape just going to go ahead and order a new one with the bolt bushing but need to know what size bolt it had originally . Length and thread pitch

• Sponsors (?)

Hey guys I have a 98 Mustang GT , as I was driving home my idler pulley bolt somehow came loose and flew out going down the road , thankfully close to home so made it to the house before belt failure . Now I need to clean up the threads and find a new idler pulley center bushing and bolt. Any idea of the bolt size ? I have the pulley still in good shape just going to go ahead and order a new one with the bolt bushing but need to know what size bolt it had originally . Length and thread pitch
It’s actually worse than I thought , timing cover is broken where it had the threaded sleeve for the pulley to slide over . Where can I find a new timing cover ? No luck online yet

Hit the junkyard for a timing cover
Those 4.6's are in everything
The Mustang GT is special for some reason
There are several on ebay for Crown Vics
They say they will not fit your 98 GT
What's the difference?

Reactions: 1 user