If we only did a Head Swap then?

Say we slaped on some aluminem heads and kept everything else stock intake(cobra itm)/cam what could we expect? maybe 40hp at the wheels, also would the car run good with the stock cam in it with high flowing heads? Would it even need to be tunned with the stock cam still in it?

• Sponsors (?)

igotyofire said:
If u do a H/c/i install and dont tune it, and the car seems to be running ok, is it possible to delay a tune without the thing blowing up?

my guess is you'd be fine...a dyno tune is nothing more than finding the sweet spot for timing then dialing in the optimum F/P. Unless your gonna have chip burned that's about it...that's assuming the car is problem free going in...
Wth fairly low miles the entire valvetrain can be re-used if all looks in order. I would add a Kirban to the list myself so you can fiddle with the F/P...but with stock exhaust you'd prolly be just fine with the stock FPR...you can do some plug checks and pretty much nail the AFR by scoping them out....39lbs is pretty much the norm though...
I added Thumpers to mine and netted 25 ponies on the dyno...that's E7's though...AFR/TF heads could net more...I think TF's require dif pushrods, so that add's a few bucks to the job...

Say we slaped on some aluminem heads and kept everything else stock intake(cobra itm)/cam what could we expect? maybe 40hp at the wheels, also would the car run good with the stock cam in it with high flowing heads? Would it even need to be tunned with the stock cam still in it?
I have Edelbrock 6037's (and shorties) in a Cobra and everything else is stock from the intake horn to the exhaust tips. No CELs, no need to screw with fuel pressure, no worries, just be sure to check/set the lifter preload during installation. No, it won't blow up. You'll be fine.
:nice:

I went from 245rwhp, 292 rwtq w/ gt-40 intake, equals, off road, catback, and put the ported windor's on and only went up to 260rwhp, 312rwtq, but I had a really bad exhaust leak on 6 cylinders. When I fixed it, I never got to re dyno, but deffinately felt faster, maybe extra 15hp or so, but thats only my sotp meter. With a good set of aftermarket, I would assume maybe 25-40rwhp. Just my opinion.