Roush If you could own 1 Saleen...

saleenster

Founding Member
Aug 18, 2002
Vancouver, WA
With the recent "fire sales" of Saleens in the past couple of wks on EBAY, I was curious, if you could own 1 Saleen ever built both past and current models excluding the S7 or any Race models built, which would you own? Just for Chits and giggles.

Me, no question, I have always wanted and hope to someday own an SA10..Debbie B. in particular to be exact :D

• Sponsors (?)

saleenster said:
With the recent "fire sales" of Saleens in the past couple of wks on EBAY, I was curious, if you could own 1 Saleen ever built both past and current models excluding the S7 or any Race models built, which would you own? Just for Chits and giggles.

That's a really tough question????????
Besides the twin S351's sitting in my garage :p

I would have to say the 1997 BASF Extreme SR Widebody that was sitting in the old show room on Whatney........Quoting a spectator at the LA auto show when it was introduced: "That car is the *hit, its an orgasim on wheels!!! How could you look at that and not have a woody???" :nice:

Too bad Saleen Inc just sold the car about six months ago.....I have a very spacious garage now that will be able to accomodate up to 10 vehicles when the remodel is complete..........sometime in the year 2025 :p

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Oh, man, just one. How do you decide? That's a good question though, and a tough one. If I could only have one, I wouldn't want it to be something so rare or valuable I'd be afraid to drive it. I can't not drive my car, I love it so much. So I'd have to say an 03/04 Extreme Speedster in Mineral Grey or Dark Shadow. The SA20 is cool too, or maybe a 99 S351 speedster.

If I could have more then one, well I've got a long ass list of dream saleens. :D

I've already owned/own two of them:

89-0408 & 98-0136. :D

Seriously, the one Saleen I'd like to own would be a 1989 SSC. That was what I originally wanted to purchase new in 1989 but the MSRP plus dealer "market adjusted price" was too rich for my blood. So I purchased a standard Saleen Mustang & modified it to the point of being a SSC Plus.

Coincidentally enough, shortly after purchasing my '89, SSC's started to appear in the AutoWeek classifieds for the same price I paid for a standard Saleen because dealers couldn't sell them @ MSRP. :(

An SA-10 for me, please. I saw #01 again Saturday at the Saleen show. :drool: :drool: :drool:

Second choice would be an ’06 S281-E convertible in Speedlab Yellow. During the show, Steve announce that the power output for the E car has been revised to 550.