Progress Thread 2001 Bullitt #265 - Build Thread (LOTS OF PICS)

Awesome work so far, I'm liking what you've done to date!
I have a quick question that I'm hoping you or someone else here on the forum can answer. Do you know if the catalytic converter mid pipe you bought from RockAuto would fit a 1996 4V Cobra? RockAuto only has one listing for my car, and it's been out of stock forever. I would like to run cats on my car, but they're hard to find here. I've read that the mid pipes are interchangeable between the V8 SN95s, but I'd like to get some confirmation of that.
Again, looking great!

Steve

Honestly, I do not know for sure if it would be compatible. I'm guessing not, since most places that sell cats for the Stang show a difference between the 96-98 4V and the 99-04 2V/4V engines.

Are you in California or a state that requires California emissions? If you are in CA, you'll need 50-state legal and those have seriously jumped in price:

If you are not in california, and just want to have cats on your car, there are a few options here:

• Sponsors (?)

Sound System Updates

Well, I got an little unexpected bonus at work for completion of a project. I decided to splurge and throw a few upgrades in the sound department. From the factory, it has the non-Mach 460 AM/FM/CD/Cassette head unit. The door speakers had been replaced at some point with Pioneer speakers, but the rear shelf speakers were the original factory speakers.

Original

i-Mvkmkg6-L.jpg

i-SkRdTvt-L.jpg

i-v87jhND-L.jpg

Upgrades

I went with an ATOTO A6 Performance head unit from Amazon. It's a simple Android based head unit. I've got an ATOTO in my Magnum SRT8. I primarily want it for Apple Car Play. This dual DIN head unit is very compact in depth compared to the factory head unit.

i-tmH33H5-L.jpg

i-xCTL5wz-L.jpg

For speakers, I went with Kenwood 6x9 speakers all around.

i-cvRrGwc-L.jpg

Installed

I ended up having to try two different install kits. The first one wouldn't fit around the screen size, and the second one did only after some modifications. But now it's installed looks pretty decent. The sound is pretty good. I'm not trying to build a huge system, just wanted some upgrades for Apple Car Play and some decent speakers. Its clear that the older speakers had deteriorated. Sounds better now.

There are also USB ports that hook into the back to allow me to hook up a USB drive for music. The kit I got came with a rear view camera. I plugged everything into the back, but haven't run the wires or installed the camera on the back yet.

i-fwmxqh5-L.jpg

i-tM4TH26-L.jpg

i-5P7wqC9-L.jpg

Reactions: 1 user