Roush If you could own 1 Saleen...

saleenster

Founding Member
Aug 18, 2002
Vancouver, WA
With the recent "fire sales" of Saleens in the past couple of wks on EBAY, I was curious, if you could own 1 Saleen ever built both past and current models excluding the S7 or any Race models built, which would you own? Just for Chits and giggles.

Me, no question, I have always wanted and hope to someday own an SA10..Debbie B. in particular to be exact

saleenster said:
With the recent "fire sales" of Saleens in the past couple of wks on EBAY, I was curious, if you could own 1 Saleen ever built both past and current models excluding the S7 or any Race models built, which would you own? Just for Chits and giggles.

That's a really tough question????????
Besides the twin S351's sitting in my garage

I would have to say the 1997 BASF Extreme SR Widebody that was sitting in the old show room on Whatney........Quoting a spectator at the LA auto show when it was introduced: "That car is the *hit, its an orgasim on wheels!!! How could you look at that and not have a woody???"

Too bad Saleen Inc just sold the car about six months ago.....I have a very spacious garage now that will be able to accomodate up to 10 vehicles when the remodel is complete..........sometime in the year 2025

Oh, man, just one. How do you decide? That's a good question though, and a tough one. If I could only have one, I wouldn't want it to be something so rare or valuable I'd be afraid to drive it. I can't not drive my car, I love it so much. So I'd have to say an 03/04 Extreme Speedster in Mineral Grey or Dark Shadow. The SA20 is cool too, or maybe a 99 S351 speedster.

If I could have more then one, well I've got a long ass list of dream saleens.

I've already owned/own two of them:

89-0408 & 98-0136.

Seriously, the one Saleen I'd like to own would be a 1989 SSC. That was what I originally wanted to purchase new in 1989 but the MSRP plus dealer "market adjusted price" was too rich for my blood. So I purchased a standard Saleen Mustang & modified it to the point of being a SSC Plus.

Coincidentally enough, shortly after purchasing my '89, SSC's started to appear in the AutoWeek classifieds for the same price I paid for a standard Saleen because dealers couldn't sell them @ MSRP.

An SA-10 for me, please. I saw #01 again Saturday at the Saleen show.

Second choice would be an ’06 S281-E convertible in Speedlab Yellow. During the show, Steve announce that the power output for the E car has been revised to 550.