ignition and electrical Questions

Ross302

Jun 25, 2009
Lunenburg MA
I have a MSD 6A ignition, a coil and distributor. The car I am working on came to me with many pieces missing and a lot of missing wires. The person who owned it before moved the solenoid inside the fender. I don’t think there are any wires to connect the distributor, alternator or what ever else needs power sent to it.:shrug:
I am running an alternator and power steering, no a/c.
I have the motor in the car; clutch, throttle, brakes and steering are working. I need to figure out how to get the ignition and electrical working so I can send the car to get painted.

•Does any one have a simple diagram that would show how to hook this up?

•Any suggestions on how the alternator and/or distributor can be wired?

Thanks for any help you can provide, as I can use all the help I can get.

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry, Its a 1981, with original wireing harness that has been chopped up. I replaced the original 4.2 2bbl with a 90 5.0 4 bbl.
I spent alittle more time looking at what I have to work with.
The alternator, which came with the project (not in car at time), has a 2 studs, a large one with a nut, and a small one next to the larger one(without a nut).

I thought about getting a complete wireing harness for the junk yard, but thought I or one of my friends could figure out how to connect the alternator.

Thanks for the help.
This should come in handy tonight. Three guys and this diagram should be able to figure something out. :nice:
I hope.

I did find a group of wires on the center of the fire wall, that were all cut, really close to the fire wall. Never noticed them before. I traced them back through the fire wall and they seem to go towards the steering wheel.

One of my friends thinks its the ignition wires, and my cousin thinks its the factory crusie control/electric choke.

Any ideas?