Electrical Ignition switch

Rdub6

So while I wait to figure out my rear end issues
5 Year Member
Dec 29, 2017
Long Island, NY
Is the ignition switch something I should go with Motorcraft on, or are the LMR, American Muscle switches worth trying? I know many things electrical are recommended to stay with Motorcraft, just wondering if this is one of them.

• Sponsors (?)

I've gotten lots of parts from LMR that are just Dorman, Pioneer (speedo cable), etc. I've started looking them up on Rockauto and a lot of times the numbers and pictures match. So for example the Speedo cable. $26 thru LMR. They happened to be back ordered when I got one. I wanted the LMR because I thought they would sell the best fitting part because they had it produced. After waiting forever I just asked was it a Pioneer part and they said yes. Pioneer factory is 15 miles from me. O'Reilly auto had the exact one on the shelf for $13. So my point is, lots of their stuff is straight from parts stores...some not. So I'd agree to run the Motorcraft part. If not, at least check they aren't just selling you the exact part you can get anywhere for half the price.

I hear that Wayne... I bought that large rivet gun they sell at Harbor Freight for half the price after my 20% off one item. Same exact thing as LMR.

Yep. Gotta take a look just in case. Don't get me wrong, I like LMR for some stuff and they have good service. I'm just not going to pay double and think I'm getting a special part. That's all.

I'd go motorcraft simply because it comes with the Ford oe keys.

I realize motorcraft parts may be made alongside the cheap parts by other vendors as it is a brand designed to compete with them, but I just have more faith in *some* motorcraft parts over brands like dorman.

I installed a motorcraft ignition switch. No issues with it.