ignition timing

dave 1970

Nov 26, 2006
i have an 87 roller block,that i converted to a carburator,bored to a 306 with flat top pistons,i installed a procomp 8022 distributor with no vaccum advance,can anyone tell me were the timing should be set at,thankyou

• Sponsors (?)

Is everything else factory? is so base timing should be set at 12-14 degrees. how much mechanical advance do you have? this could also change what intial timing you run. Factory timing was 10 degrees on those motors. I guess really we need a little more info to give you an educated answer. Should be safe at 12 degrees however. but more info needed.

Is everything else factory? is so base timing should be set at 12-14 degrees. how much mechanical advance do you have? this could also change what intial timing you run. Factory timing was 10 degrees on those motors. I guess really we need a little more info to give you an educated answer. Should be safe at 12 degrees however. but more info needed.

hello im running a stock cam with 7 to 1 rockers,not sure how much this pro comp distributor will advance,i think im running about 14 btdc,also has headers on ,the heads are off of a truck,they have the bigger valves in them

I just started my motor, and its running 14 degrees initial timing. I havent gotten into higher rpms yet (still just breaking it in in the garage). What are people running for total timing? (initial plus advancement)