Fox Ignition Timing

dgm67

Oct 17, 2017
Have a 5.0 with B 303 cam and basicly stock mas computer system with air pump, etc removed. Been running the ignition timing in the 12-13 degree range and was wondering if that is correct or if it should be tweeked a little. Thoughts??

• Sponsors (?)

Took a quick ride the other day after rebuilding the distributer and setting time to 14. Seems to run good although no major difference from before. I'll need to get it out for a longer run to see if the main problem I've been chasing is cured. That may have to wait for a while until warmer weather comes around as this motor is in a 65 Cobra replica and its getting a bit chilly for extended outings here in New England.

Reactions: 1 users
Took a quick ride the other day after rebuilding the distributer and setting time to 14. Seems to run good although no major difference from before. I'll need to get it out for a longer run to see if the main problem I've been chasing is cured. That may have to wait for a while until warmer weather comes around as this motor is in a 65 Cobra replica and its getting a bit chilly for extended outings here in New England.
Very cool, got some pictures? I love these cars