Im at my wits end

With this misfire/ hesitation deal

I know my #7 boot wire is burned, and Im working on testing that, but could minor burns on the boot wire cause a misfire?

I tested my EEC scan and if Im reading it correctly I get the system pass message. No error codes, no check engine light, nothing like that

Im assuming if I had a bad injector I would get an error code no?

I misses at part throttle and makes an awful clicking noise all throughout the RPM range. A loose header bolt would not cause this would it?
so what the hell is wrong with my car?

• Sponsors (?)

i just had 2 spark plug boots that were burned/melted.

about 1 1/2 years ago, i had a misfiring issue i was killing myself over. it turned out to be a spark plug boot that was burned/melted.

so yes, i know from experience that that can absolutely cause part throttle misfiring.

i also have had a loud clicking noise that was 100% caused by a loose header bolt. as soon as i tightened the bolt, the clicking was gone.

subscribing.

I have had a similar problem with intermittent missing and I have done everything I can think of to get rid of it. I also have that light clicking sound at lower rpm's, and its not pinging.

tightening the exhaust up did nothing, the horrible ticking is still there. My dad thinks that the valves were set a little tight and its the sound of the valves closing against the seats, never heard of this problem though, so I dont know what to think there. This noise is driving me insane, It sounds kind of like a diesel, and sometimes the sound overpowers the exhaust, especially around 2500, and it only started after the H/C swap; so Im at a loss