I'm Back After Ten Years!

35thGTLimited

Mar 10, 2007
The Pocono's
Yeah it's been a while.. It shows me as a new member, but I've had this account about 9 years, but I've been gone nearly all that time, I maybe had 35 posts or so. I found this forum shortly after buying the last Mustang I owned, late 2006, maybe early 2007. My last Mustang was a '99 GT 35th Limited Edition, and it got wrecked by a very confused truck driver in April of 2007. Shortly after that I sold it, bought a turbo Saab and sort of gave up on cars. Had kids, moved on, blah blah.

Then, two weeks ago I randomly spotted a really nice '00 GT Convertible for sale like way under market, test drove it, honestly, just for kicks, had no intention of buying it. Enjoyed the drive, went home and didn't think much of it.

..... Several days later, it's all I can think about, such a dope looking car (except for a few obnoxious mods) I loved everything about it, especially the price and that it was a convertible, never owned one.

So, here I am, bought the car yesterday morning, and I'm so damn happy I did! I've owned 5 mustangs (well 4, and one Capri RS) and I've never had anything with sooo much work done already, and basically for free. There's a lot I don't know about the car, but it passed a very in depth inspection by a damn good mechanic.

Seems like the system may have forgotten some details I was sure I had here, but it's really hard to remember. Anyway, great to be back, and damn it's nice to own one of these cars again!

Here's a few pics, I'll post the mods after.

13662135_1116816131697950_5195075077550966821_o.jpg

temp1.jpg

13693008_1116816141697949_1414501681725110902_o.jpg

8xkNA0z.jpg

HmxztZQ.jpg

I know I know, the grille is cringeworthy, will get replaced most likely with a Mach 1 or Cobra style delete. Also I need to redo the Plasti Dip this weekend on the wheels, gonna do a full fill-in repair and sand down, etc etc.
The car has:
CAI, BBK power plus TB, Powerflow power air inlet, upper and lower intake manifolds (don't have details on these yet), Flowmaster catback, Cobra brakes, coil overs, aftermarket wheels; staggered, BBK shifter, white face gauges, hood and wing with custom paint, not sure the brand of wing? I can't think of anything else at the time. Seemed like a steal, 93K miles, paid $3995.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Welcome back man.

Great price IMO. Nice looking car.

I have to agree with you about that grille, just a bit fugly.

I suppose you already know, but if you forgot, post a hey in the '96-'04 section with these pictures and you'll have all sorts of people offering advice for your new mustang:eek:.

Thanks guys, nice to be back. It can be a very fulfilling hobby, and I have plenty of free time these days. Also it gets really, really old driving a '95 Taurus, especially when trying to I dunno, accelerate or turn?! I had a Saab Viggen for a number of years which was a lot of fun, and pretty damn quick, but it just doesn't check any of the right boxes for me, and reliability isn't a strong suit of the brand ;)

Reactions: 1 users