I'm back in the mustang world!

MAC'n89Blckstng

Jun 11, 2003
NJ
As some of you know I took my 89 GT off the road last November because of some problems with it and needing a driver back an forth from school. Well I graduated in December and have been working since. I had plans to fix all the problems with the 89 but a new Mustang came into my life. Lets just say its my "dream" mustang. I picked up an 88 ex four cylinder car with T-Tops! It also came with a full black interior. I wasn't really looking for anything but I couldn't pass up a deal like this. I was originally going to buy the car with no interior for 500 but the guy called me and told me he would include the full interior for an extra 300 bucks AND it came with a set of black cloth flofit seats! I figured I would never find a black interior for three hundred bucks so I decided to take the bite out of my wallet and go for it. Im so psyched! Im going to start by shaving the engine bay and painting it two tone and then making it a running and driving car and then I'm going to move on to finishing the body work and painting it. I cant believe I found a 88 ttop car either. This car is everything I'v ever wanted. I'll keep everyone posted on how the project goes!! Here are so pics. It's kind of haggard for now but it has a solid chassis and a great foundation to build off of. I plan on keeping the budget under 1500 bucks since I just about have EVERYTHING to swap into this car.

TTOPPINONPIC.jpg

TTOPLXHATCH.jpg

TTOPFRONTPASSSIDE.jpg

TTOPCAR.jpg

TTOPS.jpg

BlackInterior.jpg

Flofitseat.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

It's definatlely an 88, title says its an 88 and it was built august of 87. Im psyched about the project, I will be doing the same two tone idea with a few changes here and there. I WAS going to start welding tomorrow buuuut the car is under 6 inches of snow that we got today. I'm probably really going to start digging into the project once the weather warms up and Im going to be able to work on it outside. (can only use the shop when my boss is around) Plans are to weld and smooth the engine bay, paint it as well as the jambs, wire it, clean the motor up and make it a running car and then move onto the body work and then finally install the interior and DRIVE IT!!!! All in due time, Im not going to rush a thing, do it right the first time and not have to worry about anything.