im going to look at a vert today

ryan218

In just 10 years, I'll be old enough to drive!!!!
Dec 28, 2005
columbus ohio
hey,

i am going to look at a convertible mustang today. i was wonder what to look for? what are the most common areas of rust?

from the road where my dad saw it it looked perfect. brown paint with a tan top. and for only 1,300

i will get you some pictures, after i get back from looking at it.

its a LX BTW and i think its 6cyl :notnice: but hey its a mustang. rather drive 6cyl mustang then a 8cyl camaro.

thanks guys.:hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

Check the floors. And I dont mean just look at them from underneath. The floors would tend to rust from the inside out from leaking weatherstripping which means they could look perfect from underneath but be literally paper thin from rust inside. Pull back the carpet to have a good look at the inside.

well on fox body stangs the rear frame where the lower conrol arms bolt on usaully rust.

I would recommend rasing the stang on a lift to get a really good idea of what your going to buy.....looking from underneath just doesnt give you a full eyes view

the car had no rust at all. we put it on jacks and crawled underneath. and it is a GLX mustang with 51,000 org miles that have been documented. V6 with a auto trans.

NOW for the bad.

the top is in great condition but the plastic window was bad. can just the plastic be replaced?
the windshield wipers don't work but worked when he got the car. so we think it is the fuse or the switch or the motor.
the tail light has a little crack but that's no biggie.
and the paint is so good that you can see your self still but on the hood and the deck lid the clear is pealing.

i got some pictures.

it also ran and drove great brakes work.

but the price was 1,800. he said he would take 1,600 in cash.

is this a good price for GLX mustang. also i believe that this was the first year of the vert too.

the inside is white but is perfect. we will be going to buy it this Saturday so 6 days. My dad would be loaning me the money.

the rims would have to be changed. cuz there hub caps and wires.

also the exhaust has a leak at the manifold. could dual exhaust be put on a GLX?

as soon as image shack is working i will load some pictures.

yeah that's what my dad told me but yeah i understand. the first thing we have got to do is check all the fluids after we get it home. we also need to find out why the wind shield wipers don't work but i think that its just a fuse.

then we need to figure out what to do about the plastic window cuz you can not see out of it and its cracked? does anyone know if just the plastic part can be replaced???? thanks guys :shrug:

Do a royal purple oil change and put some ford racing spark plugs and wires in it. That should help the performance a tad and is just regular maintance. Dude you dont need to fix the rear window it is a convert just leave the top down:D