• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

I'm old, fat & lazy

  • Thread starter Thread starter mrvax
  • Start date Start date Mar 11, 2007
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2

RedDaemon

10 Year Member
Mar 31, 2005
3,470
9
108
Atlanta, GA
Mar 12, 2007
#21
  • Mar 12, 2007
  • #21
yup, autogeek FTW

ill be buying some when summer is closer
 

Mustang225

Founding Member
Jul 23, 2000
424
5
29
Mar 12, 2007
#22
  • Mar 12, 2007
  • #22
Zaino products rock!!!
 

john_324

New Member
Jan 14, 2003
446
1
0
Washington, D.C.
Mar 13, 2007
#23
  • Mar 13, 2007
  • #23
I've recently become a fan of Turtlewax Platinum Ultra-gloss liquid wax.

Goes on/comes off quite easily. Mix of carauba and polymers. Has very very slight cleaning abilities (i.e. it's definitely not a cleaner wax, but it's also not just a pure glaze-type wax). It's said to be Turtlewax's version of Meguiar's Gold Class.

Nice shine, and seems reasonably durable.

 

mrvax

Stay thirsty my friends
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
5,225
3
79
SN Moderator: Orlando, Fl.
Mar 13, 2007
#24
  • Mar 13, 2007
  • #24
Thanks for the tips. I'll have to buy a bucket/sponge & some other car cleaner crap. This time, I'll take it in for a wash, bring it back to my place and if I can find a shady area, I'll wax it.

Luckily, I have to park in a mutli-story garage at work where it is fairly cool & no sun.
 

CobraM23

Founding Member
Oct 16, 2002
266
1
16
Johnson City, TN
Mar 13, 2007
#25
  • Mar 13, 2007
  • #25
So what would one recommend for a Rio Red/Black Stang?
 

mark95turbo

New Member
Dec 12, 2006
6
0
0
Illinois
Mar 14, 2007
#26
  • Mar 14, 2007
  • #26
CobraM23 said:
So what would one recommend for a Rio Red/Black Stang?
Click to expand...

Meguiars gold + electric buffer= sechs! Its so much easier to apply\remove way with an electric buffer and it leaves no swirl marks. Just did this two days ago!

 

stangman

15 Year Member
Jul 10, 2003
2,690
10
69
in a 3 bed, 2 bath
Mar 14, 2007
#27
  • Mar 14, 2007
  • #27
NXT does a nice job too

 

mrvax

Stay thirsty my friends
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
5,225
3
79
SN Moderator: Orlando, Fl.
Mar 18, 2007
#28
  • Mar 18, 2007
  • #28
All the cars look very nice. Mine is a daily driver that has been through 8 NY winters & salted 100's of times so it's not as purdy. However, I bought the Eagle One Nanowax spray and it did the trick.

The wax is as good or better than any other I have used and I had the whole thing done (wax only) in 45 minutes in the hot Florida sun. I give the product a thumbs up.

Eagle One products IMO, are very good.
 
S

Smokin98GT

New Member
Dec 31, 2002
53
0
0
Indiana
Mar 18, 2007
#29
  • Mar 18, 2007
  • #29
I am a professional detailer and I use Mothers FX. It is a fully sythetic wax . This stuff is great.....wax on and wipes off easily. It does not contain any cleaners so it will not leave any grit or swirl marks. I can hand wax a car with this stuff in 30 minutes and it protects all summer. What the cool part is it beads like Rain_X. The water just beads and shoots off of the car. It also helps eliminate water spots with future washes. I have used all of the above waxes in the past and in my opinion this stuff kicks them all in the butt!
 
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

G
In expensive ceramic coating
  • gray owl
  • Jul 12, 2026
  • Mustang Sound & Shine All
Replies
7
Views
367
Mustang Sound & Shine All Aug 18, 2026
NotaVegetarian
N
C
93 Tubular A Arm Bushings
  • Chrispy62
  • Jul 30, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
109
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Jul 31, 2026
Chrispy62
C
Engine Are These rings OK?
  • PonyGTrider
  • Sep 21, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
7
Views
200
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Saturday at 1:06 AM
PonyGTrider
L
2003 mustang v6 3.8 fuel issue
  • lacole1
  • Jul 20, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
145
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Jul 26, 2026
apple99Mustangdude
A
S
Car shakes when taking off help???
  • STANKYstangs
  • May 10, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
12
Views
434
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- May 27, 2026
LILCBRA
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?