Inline fuel pump??? anyone run one? question?

Must5a0angGt86

Founding Member
Mar 21, 2002
CT
Well I got out of the mustang world for a few years and parked my car for a while. Well I just recently got back into it and now trying to build my car more how I want it. I am re-running all of the fuel lines with steel braided line and want to use a good quality inline electric pump instead of the in-tank pump thats in it, mainly because I am going to put a 14 or 16 gallon fuel cell instead of the stock tank. My question is, are there any inline fuel pumps that can keep up with the efi cars fuel demands? It seems all of the pumps that I have found are for carb'd cars. Does anyone run one that could point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Josh

• Sponsors (?)

I just bought a Holley Fuel pump #12-920 for my EFI conversion in my '66 Mustang. Here's the specs, and the car is running. I don't have a pressure gauge to measure the PSI though. Make sure you have a low pressure filter before the fuel pump (get one for a carb'd engine) and then the high pressure filter after your pump (i used the stock 91 mustang fuel filter).

From what I understand the throttle body applications are at 15PSI, and our multi-port ones are 45PSI (for my fuel pump). I don't know how it can tell the difference, but it seems to work just fine. You have to make sure you get a high pressure pump - I called all auto parts places (advance, O'rielley, autozone, napa) and they didn't have any. I went to my alamo performance dealer in San Antonio and purchased the pump. Although I probably would have just got one online if I weren't pressed for time.

Specifications for 510-12-920:
# Can be used with throttle body or multi-point injection
# Can be used on forced induction applications
# 80 GPH flow @ 15 PSI (at 13.5 volts)
# 480 PPH flow @ 15 PSI (at 13.5 volts)
# 5 amp current draw @ 15 PSI
# 67 GPH flow @ 45 PSI (at 13.5 volts)
# 402 PPH @ 45 PSI (at 13.5 volts)
# 8 amp current draw @ 45 PSI
# Supports throttle body injection up to 800 HP
# Supports multi-point injection up to 700 HP naturally aspirated
# Supports forced induction, multi-point injection up to 600 HP