Input Needed!!

Danigirl

Oct 15, 2013
I have an 04. GT. Every time I hit a bump or a dip the body drops and hits my rear drivers side tire. The passenger side is fine. I've replaced the rear shocks and coil springs and it still happens. What do I need to do???

• Sponsors (?)

Yes I do have aftermarket wheels on it, but I didn't have this problem before the springs went bad. The replacement springs are SR performance and lowered the back 1 inch. Is it possible that there are other bushings that went bad when the springs and shocks were bad?

I will get some pics posted, I'm going into work for an48 In the morning so it will be a couple of days before I get them on here. Thanks for trying to help me get this figured out.

Here are the pics that were requested.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    360.5 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    452.9 KB · Views: 103
Judging by the pictures, it doesn't look like its too low or the tire/wheel combo is too large. It is obvious that the inner fender lip is eating up those tires though. Maybe it is the control arm bushings. Got a head scratcher there.

Is it possible they sent you springs with too weak a spring rate and the car drops the back end too far under acceleration?

What i would check is to see if one wheel is sticking out of the fender a bit more than the other wheel. It's possible the axle has shifted slightly due to a bad bushing.

Look from above and put a ruler on the sidewall of the tire and see if one is noticably sunken in more than the other

Assuming both rear wheels are the same with the correct offset and BS, you will need to inspect the control arms and bushings for damage or wear. Also check where the control arms mount to the body and see if anything looks damaged, torn, or shifted due to any possible accident.

Axles not being centered is actually a common occurance. Sometimes, the issue is one of the reasons stated above, other times, there is no obvious reason.

Reactions: 1 user