Input Shaft Bearing? Aweful noise..and not T/O.

Ok guys i really have to figure out what is up with my car. Ever since i've had it (since about last may) if i'm sitting in nuetral and do not have the clutch pushed in, i hear this whinning noise..like wirring. Fairly loud, if i walk across the yard i can hear it along with the exhaust (flows). So, i thought it was the throwout bearing. In fact, about six months ago, my T/O bearing DID go bad making all kinds of squeeling and i got it fixed: Complete new spec clutch kit. So, i went and picked up my car from the mechanic. The squeeling etc was gone, clutch is great, BUT the wirring is still happening when sitting in nuetral. The sound goes away as soon as i push the clutch in. WHAT IS THIS?? I'm sick of it, i've got to get it fixed, but i have no idea what it is. I'll be going to my mechanic to get my suspension put in soon and if i can figure out what it is i'll have him do that also (or at least take a look at it for me). Thanks a lot for ANY help.
-GM

• Sponsors (?)

i had that last weekend, it sounds like the whole tranny is going to fall out. i have a tailshaft leak and all of the fluid leaked out so i put some new fluid in and no more noise. you better act fast or bye bye tranny

when you put the new TO on, did you grease the input shaft? I was in a hurry when I T5 swapped and I forgot, and now the TO bearing chatters on the steel shaft... DOH!!! Throwout bearings dont do anything until the clutch is pressed in, pilot bearings would squeal like crazy if they were bad.

take off the clutch fork dust cover, and spray some graphite spray lube onto the front bearing retainer shaft and have yer buddy step on the clutch so you can get it completely covered. you should be good to go after that. you might have to do it every once in a while as the graphite wears out.

i wouldn't doubt it's the TO bearing again, but it could be the pilot bearing in the back of the crankshaft. mine went bad a couple of years ago. i remember it being a whirling noise, maybe a grinding/sqeeling noise. it's almost like a wheel bearing but much smaller. all the little roller bearings fell out. just a thought.