• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Installed new clutch and i get NOTHING when leasing pedal

  • Thread starter Thread starter evolucion311
  • Start date Start date May 10, 2011

evolucion311

Member
Mar 19, 2009
236
2
18
May 10, 2011
#1
  • May 10, 2011
  • #1
UPDATE FIXED! Installed new clutch and i get NOTHING when releasing pedal

Hey all:

OK... So I did a clutch job on my 2002 GT convertible. The throwout bearing was gone after 144k original miles and it was time to do the job. The disc and pressure plate were still good but with that many miles I replaced everything.

Problem: I bolted everything back up to the car and started her up. I press the clutch pedal in and it's kinda soft but it does move the clutch fork back and forth. The transmission doesn't seem to be mated with the engine, even though the bellhousing and engine are mated up nicely.

I get no abnormal noises whatsoever. I can be in the car with the motor running and shift into whatever gear I wish no problem. It's like the input shaft and the engine aren't connected. I torqued the pressure plate and flywheel bolts to spec.... 65 ft/lbs for flywheel bolts, 33 ft/lbs + 60 degree turn on pressure plate bolts.

I replaced: TOB, pilot bearing, clutch fork, rear main seal, rear main seal oil slinger, clutch disc(OEM Valeo clutch kit), pressure plate, resurfaced the flywheel.

Please, StangNet, come through for me on this one!
 

evolucion311

Member
Mar 19, 2009
236
2
18
May 10, 2011
#2
  • May 10, 2011
  • #2
UPDATE: FIXED!

It seems I did everything right but forgot to lift up on the clutch pedal and reset the cable. I heard a nice satisfying "thunk" as it reset and now I'm good to go!
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

N
Vibration after new clutch
  • nipple_looker
  • Sep 20, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
23
Views
415
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Saturday at 12:05 PM
fasterthangas
F
S
Car shakes when taking off help???
  • STANKYstangs
  • May 10, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
12
Views
427
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- May 27, 2026
LILCBRA
For Sale Borg Warner WC T5, Stock Bell Housing, RAM Clutch Set, Double Hump Cross Member, & Pro 5.0 Shifter
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 9, 2025
  • Drivetrain Parts
Replies
3
Views
827
Drivetrain Parts Sep 7, 2026
AeroCoupe
S
Drivetrain 8.8 Pinion and 302 rear main seal leaks after replacing. 93 5.0 with t-5
  • Steigy4827
  • Jun 23, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
10
Views
774
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Apr 1, 2026
Steigy4827
S
A
88 Foxbody Starts but Stalls When Warm Please Help
  • airforcerob
  • Apr 2, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
524
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 4, 2025
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?