installing a Billet Grille

xtweakerx

New Member
Feb 26, 2007
411
0
0
Jupiter,FL
anyone using any aftermarket Billet Grille's?

If so, do you still keep you're old grill in the car when installing the new one?

I was just reading some instructions on american muscle, seemed kinda strange.

I'm thinking about picking one up, how easy is the install and does it really add any weight to the car as for performance?

if you guys picks share em. Thanks:nice:
 
anyone using any aftermarket Billet Grille's?

If so, do you still keep you're old grill in the car when installing the new one?

I was just reading some instructions on american muscle, seemed kinda strange.

I'm thinking about picking one up, how easy is the install and does it really add any weight to the car as for performance?

if you guys picks share em. Thanks:nice:

I replaced mine with the Street Scene Black Chrome upper and lowers....I hated the plastic look.

CIMG0148.webp
 

Attachments

  • CIMG0148.webp
    CIMG0148.webp
    52.8 KB · Views: 185
Some grills, like the shelby insert require you leave the stocker in and modify it to fit.

You can see it hidden in the back of mine.
DSC02762.webp


To modify your exsiting grill it just takes patience with a dremel, and it will turn out like this:
modifiedgrille.webp


Overall, the grill installation wasn't that bad. Getting the stocker out is the hardest part. If you are the slightest bit mechanically inclined then you'll figure it out.
 

Attachments

  • DSC02762.webp
    DSC02762.webp
    82.8 KB · Views: 188
  • modifiedgrille.webp
    modifiedgrille.webp
    53.9 KB · Views: 184
was it easy or hard and where did u buy it?

i see u relocated the fog lights, looks nice

pretty easy to install...the OEM grills are just attached with clips and the top one uses the same OEM style clips. The fog lights were removed and unclipped. I used the supplied extenders to move the Fog lights to the center. For the bottom grill...had to take the OEM grill out to attach the new one as it fits inside OEM one.

Got them from dagostinoracing.com