installing full exhaust. o2 simulators needed??

99GTNOOB

May 30, 2008
FLA
ok i am installing my exhaust, long tubes, o/r x pipe and slp catback. was wondering i know there are 4 o2 sensors, do i need to get the o2 simulators?? or can i wait and my tune will fix that when i get it?? im confused with the o2 extensions and o2 simulators. on my 99gt

• Sponsors (?)

extensions lengthen the wiring for the o2's, eliminators (if you can find them) send a "good" signal all the time, if you have an ON road pipe (with cats) you don't need them, like said, easier just to turn off via the handheld tuner

can i borrow my friend handheld tuner and turn off my, then give him back ? he live 30 min away from me, and he told me, he can turn that off for me using his tuner, im not sure it going to work, cause I beleive the tuner had to plug in the car the whole time.

can i borrow my friend handheld tuner and turn off my, then give him back ? he live 30 min away from me, and he told me, he can turn that off for me using his tuner, im not sure it going to work, cause I beleive the tuner had to plug in the car the whole time.

If it's a Diablo or SCT, they "mate" to the car. It will not works on yours.