Interior and Exterior Color Choices

Zedoc

Dec 10, 2004
I'd rather do a poll, but I don't see a 'Poles' feature on this board. I ordered a '05 GT in Legend Lime and Medium Parchment, but I'm not satisfied with it. I don't think the Medium Parchment will go with the brushed aluminium applique. Also, I think Medium Parchment looks a little too like my van interior. It's just too equivocal for a muscle car.

If I had my choice the interior would be white vinyl, like a '60s car.

Medium grey just always looks dirty to me. Also, too equivocal. THat leaves Dark CHarcol for me.

I don't mind red, but it's too common. Ok for a Ferrari, not for me on a 'stang. Black is nice looking but too hot in summer and too common.

I'm at Silver Metalic, Sonic Blue or Screamin' Yellow. I'm not sure if the Sonic Blue is the same blue that was unique to the Mach 1 in '03 or if it's lighter.

You know, Silver Metalic with the silver applique, the GT badge and Mustang badge and the charcoal interior will be really, really nice. Not Delorean, but nice.

The Screaming Yellow will be really, really hot!

What are you guys thinking? What colors will be less common? Most common? Is anyone getting the Medium Parchment interior?

WIndveil blue is nice, It makes a 1970 SS396 Camaro. But it is feminine. All the girls like it and pick it first. There is nothing 'gay' about it or any of the colors. Some are more appropriate for the V6 with automatic, but all the exterior colors are nice and I doubt next year will be as varied.

• Sponsors (?)

I'll be looking for one used in a few years. I'll be somewhat flexible on exterior color (no yellow or white for me), but it's gonna have to be a black interior (and 5 speed). Legend lime with black would be one of my top picks.

I have a car to be built, Champion White with the Dark Charcoal Cloth interior with IUP. Exterior accents will be black "shelby" style racing stripe over the center of the car 10" with a 4" gap.

IMO this will bring back the classic look of the Ford Racing Stanges although subing the Blue Stripes since I dont want my car looking like the little racer boy version.

An additional reason I opted for the V6 is that I will be placing the fog lamps under the stripes to better emulate the look of the older race cars instead of the GT's style that makes the car look like it has 4 head lamps

i wanted white with the blue stripes

Zedoc said:
I'd rather do a poll, but I don't see a 'Poles' feature on this board. I ordered a '05 GT in Legend Lime and Medium Parchment, but I'm not satisfied with it. I don't think the Medium Parchment will go with the brushed aluminium applique. Also, I think Medium Parchment looks a little too like my van interior. It's just too equivocal for a muscle car.

If I had my choice the interior would be white vinyl, like a '60s car.

Medium grey just always looks dirty to me. Also, too equivocal. THat leaves Dark CHarcol for me.

I don't mind red, but it's too common. Ok for a Ferrari, not for me on a 'stang. Black is nice looking but too hot in summer and too common.

I'm at Silver Metalic, Sonic Blue or Screamin' Yellow. I'm not sure if the Sonic Blue is the same blue that was unique to the Mach 1 in '03 or if it's lighter.

You know, Silver Metalic with the silver applique, the GT badge and Mustang badge and the charcoal interior will be really, really nice. Not Delorean, but nice.

The Screaming Yellow will be really, really hot!

What are you guys thinking? What colors will be less common? Most common? Is anyone getting the Medium Parchment interior?

WIndveil blue is nice, It makes a 1970 SS396 Camaro. But it is feminine. All the girls like it and pick it first. There is nothing 'gay' about it or any of the colors. Some are more appropriate for the V6 with automatic, but all the exterior colors are nice and I doubt next year will be as varied.
i wanted white with the blue stripes, but i also wanted the red interior... i just sat in the red interior car, and it took me back to the sixties when the interiors where either white, red, or blue...so i knew i had to get that red interior but then blue stripes wouldnt look good, and the red stripes i didnt like on white... i agree with you about the parchment interior, that color looks like it should be in a family sedan, or minivan... the car needs to be vibrant .i used to love the dark blue on the cobra with the white stripe.but i fell in love with this picture of the shelby hood on the mustang in torch red with the white stripe, so thats my choice, and of course with the red interior.

I find this color choosing to be a real pisser. I had just redecided on Silver with the Red leather interior and called my salesman to change it, and now I'm thinking I don't want the red interior, after all, just black. I wish someone knew what I should do.