Interior Color

johnsonsinutah

Jul 26, 2008
My 98 GT Convertible is red with tan interior. The door panels are solid "saddle". I 've seen a two tone, black and saddle version which I like much better than mine. I've seen a few pairs of panels on ebay, but have missed out on them. I remember someone posting that it was possible to remove the saddle color paint from the panels leaving just the factory black underneath. Does anyone know if this is true? and if so, is the black underneath the same as the factory black panels, or is it some type of base black color which is repainted regardless of the interior color?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Most of the interior panels are molded in their current colors. The door panel's base color would be saddle and the black portion would then be painted over it.

I beleive 1994-1995 had the two-tone door panels, while 96+ were solid tan

Then for 99+ the top black part of the dash was replaced with a brown color

Most of the interior panels are molded in their current colors. The door panel's base color would be saddle and the black portion would then be painted over it.

I beleive 1994-1995 had the two-tone door panels, while 96+ were solid tan

Then for 99+ the top black part of the dash was replaced with a brown color

my 99 has more of a graphite color top dash. its neither brown or graphite really but its more gray then brown

i wish i had a black(dark charcoal) interior for my red paint:(