Intermittent Msd6al Problem.

Scott7512

May 19, 2015
Branchland WV
When I purchased my 93 Mustang last year It had an msd6al installed. Before I took it out, I removed it because it was wire tied to the battery. The car had no running problems except for big cam idle issues over the last year. Two weeks ago I made a mounting bracket and reinstalled the msd box. The car idles smother and I can get it to idle lower without it falling on it face when I turn the ac on.
The problem that has shown up is the car try's to shut off every once in a while. Last week while driving along at 55 it felt like it quit for a second and then ran good the rest of the 2 miles home. Today I started it up and a after couple minutes idling it did the same thing and after another minute it happened again. Its like it shuts down for a second and comes fight back on. I tried to take it for a drive but it stalled just down the street. It did start right back up. I went back home and bypassed the msd. Took it down the road and had no problems. Got back home and plugged the msd back and after idling a minute or so it happened again. I let it run a few more minutes and it was ok.

• Sponsors (?)