Is 55psi too much for fuel pressure???

i finally checked my fuel pressure because i suspected ti to be too low. with the engine running and vac hose conneced it was around 55psi. my setup is 42lb inj strim at 6psi. the reason i thought pressure was low is because it has a tough time restarting after its warmed up. i have to pump gas pedal for engine to fire up. should i drop it down to 45 psi???

• Sponsors (?)

Stock fuel pressure with the vacuum line removed from the fuel pressure regulator is 38-40 psi. With the vacuum line hooked up, you should see around 33. Sounds like your fuel pressure regulator is failing.

Generally 39#s vaccum off and vac hose that was removed plugged (use your finger).

Different tuners will ask for different baselines, and and FMU can change things aswell...although you shouldnt need one with a 1:1 rising rate reg.

the larger injectors at hot start is a common problem with setups like ours that can be fixed with a tune. I have a PMS and there is a field for start fuel.

its not your fuel pressure, its the tune. i was more hmming Cythar's comment

the most likely reason why your car has a hard time restarting is because the 42's are just soaking your plugs and when you shut it off, they are still wet and they have to dry off a little bit before you can get a good spark. you are probably going to carbon foul your plugs soon if you dont get it tuned. im having the same problem. and i have my fp at 31 with the line hooked it and its at about 40-41 disconnected. im just hoping my quarter horse comes in soon so i can tune my car so i can play

the most likely reason why your car has a hard time restarting is because the 42's are just soaking your plugs and when you shut it off, they are still wet and they have to dry off a little bit before you can get a good spark. you are probably going to carbon foul your plugs soon if you dont get it tuned. im having the same problem. and i have my fp at 31 with the line hooked it and its at about 40-41 disconnected. im just hoping my quarter horse comes in soon so i can tune my car so i can play

Yeah I think all of us with untuned setups with larger injectors and just a caled MAF have the same problem. Mines not too bad lately though.

You say it was tuned :shrug:

By tuned ... If you mean they used an interface or chip to change
values in the pcm

then

Whatever fuel pressure you were at when the tuning was done .......
It needs to stay the same

If you hose around with the pressure .......
then that can throw off all the work the Tuner did with the pcm :bang:

Grady