Is anyone running a trickflow intake with a stock hood?

91foxbod50

Sep 26, 2007
I am running a cobra intake and am having a lot of problems with hood clearence. I know your supposed to have a cowl hood or something for clearence. But ive heard of some ppl running the intake with a stock hood? I have a 1 1/2 in spacer since im using other valve covers.

Should i eliminate the spacer and just run the stock valve covers? Would that do the trick?

• Sponsors (?)

I'm running a 1 inc spacer on mine and when I had the stock hood on there I had to cut out the center supports to clear the intake. If you do it without the spacer you shouldn't have any trouble with a stock hood.

Poly engine mounts, TF intake, no spacer and I just barely clear the stock hood on my Capri.
Funny fact: The highest part on the intake is actually the pipe that comes off the TB that runs to the oil filler.

Poly engine mounts, TF intake, no spacer and I just barely clear the stock hood on my Capri.
Funny fact: The highest part on the intake is actually the pipe that comes off the TB that runs to the oil filler.

+1 this is where im having clearance issues. Well i got a pretty good deal on a hood so im going to get the cobra hood.