is it time to upgrade my injectors?

Danny2v

Jun 24, 2019
California
hey everyone, hope all is well. Lately i've been wondering if my 02 gt could use bigger injectors. its on the 19lbs injectors as this was before late 02 when ford upgraded to 21lbs. my car currently has intake, exhaust, tune, and i don't know if these matter but 4.10s, aluminum driveshaft, and other parasitic drag mods. I know the 19lbs injectors from the factory are almost running at its peak duty cycle so i'm wondering since i'm almost full bolt on (excluding long tubes and cams) would i benefit from 24lbs injectors?

• Sponsors (?)

I just swapped in an 02 V6 (22#) and took out a 96 V6 (14#)

If you have 19# in the 02 V8 (and I did cross reference the chart I posted) I would say that Yes, bumping up to a larger injector may be a good idea.

I just swapped in an 02 V6 (22#) and took out a 96 V6 (14#)

If you have 19# in the 02 V8 (and I did cross reference the chart I posted) I would say that Yes, bumping up to a larger injector may be a good idea.

I shouldn't have any issues with a 47lb as long as I have a supporting tune right? And the ev6 injectors should drop in no problem and all I'd need is some ev1 to ev6 adapters right? I'm not sure of your knowledge on the v8s so excuse me if I'm asking too much

The theory is correct, as long as you have the air that will even out the fuel in the mix it will be fine. In my case the 95 was a single port intake while the 02 is dual port which supplied the air for the injectors that are used.

I used the 95 wire harness and had to change out the pig tails to use the 02 injectors so that does sound correct to me also (in theory)

Now on the rest of the tech, a V8 guy needs to pop in here to confirm the rest. (I am still looking for a V8 Project car. So, I am still hammering the V6 as a DD)