• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-

Is there anything I can do?

  • Thread starter Thread starter svtash
  • Start date Start date Jul 29, 2005
S

svtash

New Member
Sep 30, 2004
29
0
0
Vista, CA
Jul 29, 2005
#1
  • Jul 29, 2005
  • #1
I ordered a GT about a month ago on x plan. Everything was going just fine until the other day I got an email from my dealer and they said they were not accepting x plan anymore. I did not put down a deposite cause I was told he would just waive it for me. Im pissed cause they led me on thinking I could get x plan for more than a month and now are trying to charge me another 1300 bucks. I donmt want to pay more than x plan (thats why I got it). Now I cant find any other dealers who will give me x plan. Do they have any legal responsibility to still give it to me even though I didnt put down a deposite? This sucks I hate dealers now. Even if I did find another dealer I would now have to wait probly 6-8 months. I am going to have a word with their GM but I would like to know if legaly there is anything I can do?

 
V

Vandil

New Member
Apr 11, 2005
53
0
0
Jul 29, 2005
#2
  • Jul 29, 2005
  • #2
You have been offically boned.

Is the 1300 bucks worth the extra 6-8 month wait ?
 
S

stanmckinney

10 Year Member
Mar 30, 2005
1,188
5
49
Jul 29, 2005
#3
  • Jul 29, 2005
  • #3
If your dealer values you as a customer, he will honor the deal. If not, I'd go elsewhere unless I couldn't stand the thought of waiting a few weeks possibly. If you look long and hard, you will find a dealer who will take x plan. I also have found GT mustangs in stock, though not at x plan.
Just got to consider if possibly waiting is worth the price.
At any rate, it that dealer won't honor his original deal I would never shop there again.
 
0

05Stangster

New Member
Mar 31, 2005
113
1
0
Austin, Texas
Jul 29, 2005
#4
  • Jul 29, 2005
  • #4
If the GM doesn't take care of you, not much you can do = except file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Dealers hate it when they have a mark on their record
 

JonW

New Member
Jul 16, 2005
16
0
0
Jul 29, 2005
#5
  • Jul 29, 2005
  • #5
I understand that the GT is a hot product and you can't blame the dealer for wanting to make some profit when most everything else he sells is a loser. But he should tell you upfront if he is not going to accept X-plan. And if he accepted your order, regardless of whether you left a deposit, he should honor the terms of the order. Unfortunately, you've been jacked, and I would not do business with them. Period. There are reputable dealers out there, don't get discouraged. You may have to pay a little more profit than you would under X-plan, but you'll get your car. And have a dealer who values you as a customer and will take care of you in the future.
 
S

svtash

New Member
Sep 30, 2004
29
0
0
Vista, CA
Jul 29, 2005
#6
  • Jul 29, 2005
  • #6
Well just recived a phone call from my salesman and I now have the x plan again. Wooohooo! Guess the GM didnt like getting an email from me with what I had to say. I guess there was a mix up with the salesmans manager or something. I dunno. But at least I have x plan again and will not have to wait too long for my car. Thanks for the responses guys. cant wait to get her again.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
354
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
F
Ford 460 swap
  • Ford460
  • Sep 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
243
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Ford460
F
Progress Thread Progress Thread- From6to8's 95 GT/Saleen Supercharged 331 install
  • from6to8
  • Mar 22, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
27
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 28, 2026
from6to8
Engine Random Misfire at idle.
  • Gulftown980x
  • Jul 29, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
11
Views
448
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jul 31, 2026
squeak93
B
Electrical Why does my fox body keep frying eecs
  • brandyn200
  • Jun 20, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
8
Views
393
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jun 25, 2026
AeroCoupe
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?