Electrical Issue with Stewart Warner temp sender install

02 281 GT

Agreed...My wife has great Boobs
15 Year Member
Feb 3, 2009
Cabot, AR
I’m installing Stewart Warner gauges on my truck and went with their temp sender. The instructions make it seem like it should thread in almost all the way with just a bit sticking out. Mine seems like it’s barely started and it’s already tight. It’s just wanting to the the a.

Would this be sufficient, or is there another issue at play here?

instructions.png sender.png

• Sponsors (?)

Well, you are missing their adapter which is why it doens't look the same. Their adapter has a taller shoulder and appear the NPT threading is further down in the bore. Do they provide one, or have that adapter available for purchase?

I think you are OK because based on the diagram, I assume the temp probe portion of the sensor is below that stainless bushing you installed. As long as it's down in the coolant flow, you are good.

Well, you are missing their adapter which is why it doens't look the same. Their adapter has a taller shoulder and appear the NPT threading is further down in the bore. Do they provide one, or have that adapter available for purchase?

I think you are OK because based on the diagram, I assume the temp probe portion of the sensor is below that stainless bushing you installed. As long as it's down in the coolant flow, you are good.
I'm betting these are just one-size-fits-all instructions. I used one of the adapters supplied in the kit and this is what I got. I was leaning toward running it as is. Just wanted to get a second opinion. I appreciate it.