It's a sad day, I almost lost to a civic!!!

yellowstang1994

Sep 9, 2004
Yes it's the truth. I was on my way to work yesterday morning and usually I don't mind a-hole drivers but this guy in this civic I just couldn't let go. We pulls up next to me at a redlight and I had an idea he was gonna try to race me. I didn't stall my car or anything I just held it in first and took off. When I got near 4500rpms in 1st gear and my car started pinging all too hell. So I shifted way early into 2nd got in the higher rpms again and started pinging everywhere so I just gave up, lol. I think I had like a car or two on the civic but he passed smiling. It looked like an otherwise stock civic except for a sticker on the side that said 'clubcivic'.

On a side note, I can't take this stupid pinging issue anymore. My fuel pressure is reading good, my vacuum is more then great. My timing should be set to stock but i'm going to check it again incased the hold down was a little loose. And my plugs should be fine but i'm going to change them again to be sure. Other then that, I don't know whats going on with this damn car?

• Sponsors (?)

It's just a combination of a crappy factory tune and a crappy stock MAF.

I know exactly how you feel man, that's the worst becuase you know he's telling his friends right now how he kept up with a Rustang.