It's coming apart..93 coupe

20220122_125847.jpg
20220122_125852.jpg

Reactions: 8 users
  • Sponsors (?)

I want to widen 2 of them to 17x9 for the rear to run 275s.

I have two that I was going to do the same with. 9” or 9.5”. Need to get back there and measure how much I can get away with.

If you ever need to restore the wheels, this color powdercoat is virtually spot on.

Attachments

• DCB7F7CA-CA59-46F9-877B-992410FD71C0.jpeg
    DCB7F7CA-CA59-46F9-877B-992410FD71C0.jpeg
    585.8 KB · Views: 59
  • 567E0DAD-0241-4AD3-8BFA-EBE0857AEF47.jpeg
    567E0DAD-0241-4AD3-8BFA-EBE0857AEF47.jpeg
    392.8 KB · Views: 58
Reactions: 1 users
Man, those 5 lug Cobra wheels are one of the few sets of wheels that could convince me to eventually do a 5 lug conversion.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Yeah...actually the front are 98 cobra, the rear are real 95 cobra R . I have matching wheels (a set of 98 cobra, and a set of 95 R's) I just put the 98 rims on the front while sanding and spraying primer as they need to be refinished. It's cool how similar they are. I am going to powder coat the 98 cobra rims after the car is painted and run them. Best rims ever. Right @Mustang5L5 ?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Favorite wheel ever. Just wish it was 9”

I have 8 of them. I’m going to widen 2 to 9” and narrow one to 6-7” to use as a spare. One of the few 17” wheels that clears big brake kits easily. I’m having a hard time finding a spare to clear my front brakes

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Favorite wheel ever. Just wish it was 9”

I have 8 of them. I’m going to widen 2 to 9” and narrow one to 6-7” to use as a spare. One of the few 17” wheels that clears big brake kits easily. I’m having a hard time finding a spare to clear my front brakes
Where are you having that done??

I am thinking of using these guys https://weldcraftwheels.com/. I will let Mike go first though..... :D

Oops. Forgot to respond. I was going to go through Weld Craft as well. I heard of a local company that can do it too but i heard a rumor that they just ship it off to Weldcraft themselves and upcharge. :shrug:

Regardless. Unsure if i'll do the rear wheels to 9-9.5", but I think this spring i'll send off my worst wheel to get narrowed so I can run it as a spare. That I definitely plan on doing, but just haven't considering the car isn't driving yet.

Oops. Forgot to respond. I was going to go through Weld Craft as well. I heard of a local company that can do it too but i heard a rumor that they just ship it off to Weldcraft themselves and upcharge. :shrug:

Regardless. Unsure if i'll do the rear wheels to 9-9.5", but I think this spring i'll send off my worst wheel to get narrowed so I can run it as a spare. That I definitely plan on doing, but just haven't considering the car isn't driving yet.
Based on their home page picture, Old Guys Rule shop...Thats a good thing

Last edited: