It's Grilling Time! The Official Stangnet Grill/Smoke Thread

Pulled it off a little too soon as the weather was turning for the worst (rainy).

The brisket was just "meh." I know i had to have done something wrong, just not sure what. I'm sure taking it off early didn't help. Didn't come near that magic 203 mark. The grill stayed in the sweet spot though, right around 235.

I seasoned it with some Montreal steak seasoning. That gave some decent flavor but was still a bit tough. Not that "melt in your mouth" I'm used to from some local establishments.

20220501_160427.jpg
 
  • Sad
Reactions: General karthief
Brisket is tricky to cook. For me at least. I've been told that the smaller they are the harder they are to cook.

It turned out OK in my opinion. You could actually eat it! That's more than some can say.
 
I don't spend much time in the off-topic forum so I never saw this thread till now... Here's some of my work.

a Cuban Nuke (Bacon Bomb), basically a Cuban sandwhich but a bacon wrap instead of bread.
F7mNmCK.webp
5Y7zPaA.webp
azmn98O.webp

Grilled tenderloin
sRkYxlS.webp
sUvk6MV.webp

You've got to dry age your own steaks!
n69npZw.webp

Tiger stripe figs with goat and parm cheeses, truffle honey, bacon, served as an appetizer
IHLgwVp.webp

Homemade pizza with Prosciutto, arugula, balsamic glaze, figs, mozzarella
i5UDO6n.webp

Porkbelly burnt ends
ToajiVI.webp

Texas Twinkies brisket and cream cheese stuffed
vhJJCXL.webp

Home made tacos, using Ohla tortillas (My cousin owns the brand and they are SOOO good)
2HdIOF7.webp

I had some leftover Birria Taco meat and the wife wanted Eggs Benedict. The bottom is honey cornbread and my home made smoked then pickled jalapenos, cooked in a waffle iron, birria taco meat, poached eggs, chipotle and cilantro hollandaise sauce
CC6UMTi.webp

And finally a beef wellington I made a while back.
iU3lY32.webp