ive commited heresy!

Bad92GT

The 5 Minute Plan Man
Jun 10, 2004
SC
wait wait wait.. before you go off.. this is a old friend of a camaro.. my dadsold car from 2 years.. many memorys of me and him cruising the strip when i had a mullet :rolleyes: (joe) lol just kiddin.. anyways.. to much sentimental value.. and how could i turn down 450 n/a hp!! T56.. full race suspension.. for a measly 4500.. bought it back from the guy my dad originally sold it to.. name it.. this car has it.. (minus blower and nitrous :D ) but.. the GT isnt going anywhere.. selling the 98 gt to keep the camaro and my GT..

picture.. criticizm.. i dont care.. to much sentimental value even if it is a chevy! better than a dodge anyday though :nonono:

z28two.jpg

Attachments

• z28two.jpg
    z28two.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 127
  • Sponsors (?)

to keep it short.. sentimental value got the better of me :rolleyes: i was about to buy a cobra when the guy approached me about it.. i was like hell yea.. i'll buy it back lol yea.. its fun to drive.. so far im on rear end number 4.. about to put a new one in this week LOL

aaron11272 said:
Hey - that's cool - at least it's not a Honda!

Have fun on tune-ups. Those rear spark plugs are a major PITA.

I agree with both....and pray you never have to do an engine swap....if i owned one and blew the engine i'd just sell it. Something about dropping the K member to get the engine out just doesn't make much engineering sense to me. Too bad GM did the styling on those cars like a Geo Storm on 'roids....if they were more musclecarish like the '92 and older, then it would be much more owner friendly. They took the aerodynamics trend a few steps too far IMO.

I will admit though....in '93 i was a true Camaro-head...i was raised on Camaros and still have a closet love for them, although there's just a lot of things about them that i can't stand. When the new body style came out, i remember the commercial was a super slow motion clip of a red Z28 sliding sideways from one side of the screen to the other...i loved it!

Funny how you come to your senses sometimes :p

I dunno, I've always loved the LOOKS of F-body cars, but having owned five of them (three 87's, a '91, and an '81), all I can say is they're not nearly as practical to own and hop up as a 'Stang. Heck, even on the L98 TPI motors, the spark plugs were a nightmare to change out. The stock hood on my '81 almost forbade any access to the rear of the engine bay because it was designed not to open very wide (I guess GM expected everyone was going to unbolt the hood or install a pin-on). And the driving position on every F-body I've ever owned or been in feels like you're sitting on a friggin' garage creeper - legs stretched out to the max, tilted back, and getting a good view of the undercarriage of every pickup on the road (and hoping you don't wind up sliding that cheese wedge on wheels underneath one in an accident).

But hey ... 450 horses is 450 horses, so why not?

I love the newer style camaros, not so much a fan of those, but 450hp you cant go wrong, put some slicks on it and take it to the track :eek:

Darkwriter77 said:
I dunno, I've always loved the LOOKS of F-body cars, but having owned five of them (three 87's, a '91, and an '81), all I can say is they're not nearly as practical to own and hop up as a 'Stang. Heck, even on the L98 TPI motors, the spark plugs were a nightmare to change out. The stock hood on my '81 almost forbade any access to the rear of the engine bay because it was designed not to open very wide (I guess GM expected everyone was going to unbolt the hood or install a pin-on). And the driving position on every F-body I've ever owned or been in feels like you're sitting on a friggin' garage creeper - legs stretched out to the max, tilted back, and getting a good view of the undercarriage of every pickup on the road (and hoping you don't wind up sliding that cheese wedge on wheels underneath one in an accident).

But hey ... 450 horses is 450 horses, so why not?

lol i know what you mean about the l98's (check my sig) i remember being under the car for an oil change and being like "oh, there's those little f**kers".

lol and yeah, it feels like driving an underpowered street looge