Jay Cutler Brings Home the Sandow [Again]

Unfortunately, politics play more of a role than actual body nowadays. I forgot about it, but I'll check it out this afternoon. I want to see just how bad some of my faves got ripped (off) again. I guess you can't just say "ripped" about pro BB'ers huh? :D
 
Very true but there's always going to be disagreement amongst fans when it comes to winners. Like 3 years ago when Ronnie won with his gigantic GH gut and Cutler looked perfect (though I will admit Ronnie deserved his last win 2 years ago!) And on and on the years prior with the same guys and even others before that. All in all over history there's only been 11 different winners.

:shrug: Thats the bad part about judged anything.
 
the ifbb says they changed the rules, looking for a more asthetic look

If that were true, Victor should have won. They've been saying it for years though.

Here are some pics: http://www.flexonline.com/news/259

Does Jay look soft here?

NR0M7171.jpg


Victor should have won for the sole reason that his stomach isn't all GH'd out:

NR0M6880.jpg
 
It's incredable how far the chemicals have come. Every decade we see an big advance in top level bodybuilding. Don't want to take the juice? Well then stay home. It's really a shame. I know some people that love to compete and they are very serious about food/nutrition/training but do not stand a chance against those who use PEDs.

The only really bad Mr.Olympia contest was the 1980 show where Arnold was given the nod over Frank Zane and Mike Mentzer and didn't hold a candle to those guys that year. It was definatly politics. The 1982 and 1983 Olympia showed it was possible to be a bit of an outsider and still win it all.
 
Unfortunately, politics play more of a role than actual body nowadays.

Nowadays??? It's been like that for 25+years now.
The only really bad Mr.Olympia contest was the 1980 show where Arnold was given the nod over Frank Zane and Mike Mentzer and didn't hold a candle to those guys that year. It was definatly politics.
This is about when I thought it all started too. Althought I did like the Lee Haney era.

I'm also remembering how Dorian Yates was still able to clench all those wins in his later years, even after tearing his bicep...twice!!! I mean, the guy was physically disfigured and still able to knock down the competition?!? And I've personally never like Ronnie Coleman's build. He's always been a GH-asaurus as far as I'm concerned. He looks more like a power lifter who just decided to diet down for a show, then a true "bodybuilder" IMO.

Right after Yates retired is probably when I started getting out of the sport. I figured with so much attention being paid to over all mass and so little being paid to aesthetics and symmetry, what's the point? Bulk way up in the off season, stuff yourself full of GH and boom, pick up your trophy at the door. Who gives a crap about a balanced physique. :nonono:

I don't even think Cutler looks all that good in the pic above. Looks like he's holding some water weight and I don't see a single striation on his body. He still looks like he's 2-weeks out IMO. :shrug:
 
And I've personally never like Ronnie Coleman's build. He's always been a GH-asaurus as far as I'm concerned. He looks more like a power lifter who just decided to diet down for a show, then a true "bodybuilder" IMO.

Let's not forget that Ronnie went from 9th to Mr. O in one year ('98) and he did it while serving his community. I think Ronnie most definitely looked like a BB in 1998. To me, it went downhill from there and he added too much mass.

View attachment 358971

I don't even think Cutler looks all that good in the pic above. Looks like he's holding some water weight and I don't see a single striation on his body. He still looks like he's 2-weeks out IMO. :shrug:

Jay's never been really striated or vascular for that matter. He's just bulky and has good separation. Oh and apparently, he makes Joe Weider happy (since I think that's the real key to winning Mr. O)

NR0M7222.jpg