Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 7, 2003
Chicago, Il

Attachments

• fan.jpg
    fan.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 254
  • Sponsors (?)

I've had one in the last two cars excepting the current one. Works every bit as good as the Derale it copies,..Built in temp probe, circuit board to accommodate a switched wire option and a AC relay included. How can you beat it w/ a stick?

It's a repackaged old Black tragic 175 /Proform fan and I would be VERY suspect of those cfm ratings. Even Proform says it is only good up to 220hp on a car with A/C and it only draws 13.9 amps. Aftermarket fan manufacturers often use sketchy ways to quote advertized cfm ratings. A 2800 cfm rated fan should cool more than a stock mustang.

Amazon product ASIN B000630IYEView: https://www.amazon.com/Proform-67015-Mustang-Fan-Kit/dp/B000630IYE

With a heavy-duty motor, highly angled blades, and 15 diameter, this unit pulls up to 2,800 cfm of air, cooling vehicles with up to 250+ HP (without air) and 220+ HP (with air).

Your call but on any type of modified car I prefer to use an OEM Ford fan from either a MKVIII, Taurus, or Contour and then a decent controller like the FAL 33054.

Reactions: 1 user
Thats the same model I have on mine, wiring is easy, I've had no problems with the fan itself but it needs a shroud, cooling is ok but I would be suspect in stop and go traffic with the air on, I'm going back to stock clutch fan setup when I swap heads and charge up the ac.

Once you stick the fan on a radiator is flows a lot less than advertised obviously. Have a good clean radiator, seal the fan shroud connection to the radiator well and you should be good. I have a contour fan and it works well.

Reactions: 1 user
You run the FAL controller right? What temp sensor are you using, the push in radiator style or sensor probe in therm. housing?

Sorry for the derail Mr. OP guy

As much as I hate them. the radiator probe style and it's worked like a charm. It is similar to the one in the fan the OP is looking at but better made, epoxy sealed with an LED light and handles more amps.

flexalite-33054.jpg

What I should have done was when I had it tuned for the V3 was to repin the EEC control the fan, but the controller works fine

http://www.efidynotuning.com/foxfan.htm

To the OP, what is your setup- stock, modified?

As much as I hate them. the radiator probe style and it's worked like a charm. It is similar to the one in the fan the OP is looking at but better made, epoxy sealed with an LED light and handles more amps.

flexalite-33054.jpg

What I should have done was when I had it tuned for the V3 was to repin the EEC control the fan, but the controller works fine

http://www.efidynotuning.com/foxfan.htm

To the OP, what is your setup- stock, modified?
I have that exact controller but was thinking about ditching the probe pin in the radiator for a temp sensor in the therm housing. The push in probe is working fine for me but I'm missing the rubber cap that goes over the tip.