Radiator Review?

• Sponsors (?)

My opinion on it is it looks like a good deal. the square bars on top of each end tank are kinda wierd, but you cannot duplicate the same result by buying the pieces separately. I have a jegs raditor, fan, and shroud those three pieces cost about 400.00. and that is cheap by comparison to American made products. Depends on your politics I guess,...the "buy American" readiator debate has already been hashed out on here already.
Provided it works, and doesn't leak, would definitely be better than a plastic tanked unit though.

Looks just like my Mishimoto radiator and fan combo. I bought mine for $140 at a swap meet. The radiator is nice, the fans are weak. A lot of people have had trouble with the radiator cooling at highway speeds due to the extra close fitting sheet metal shroud. It does not allow enough air for the radiator to breath on its own. I took my shroud off and used the cheapo push through zip ties from the parts store to hold the fans on. This allowed air to pass through all parts of the radiator without obstruction. However, like I said earlier, the fans are weak. Nothing compared to my old twin Focus/Contour fan setup. But then again, it doesn't cause my lights to dim when they cut on either :)

Joe

This is mine, with one of those extra close fitting shrouds. I have no cooling issues. The t stat is a 180 degree unit, it runs at 180, whether or not I'm going down the i state or ambling along in bumper to bumper traffic. Just as long as that fan is on,... (except when i'm going fast enough for air to move by itself) it works just as it was intended to.
mustangbuild413.jpg

This is mine, with one of those extra close fitting shrouds. I have no cooling issues. The t stat is a 180 degree unit, it runs at 180, whether or not I'm going down the i state or ambling along in bumper to bumper traffic. Just as long as that fan is on,... (except when i'm going fast enough for air to move by itself) it works just as it was intended to.
mustangbuild413.jpg
Is that the ProForm fan with the thermostat sensing bulb built in to the housing? If so, I'm pretty sure I've got the same fan as you. I've only got 3 wires running to mine, like how the instructions said to wire it (noticed you have like 6) but it never kicked on thermostatically. The bulb isn't making full contact, could this be the issue?
And sorry Kenny Kline, I really don't mean to hijack your thread. This problem has just been plaguing me for months and I'm so close to my car getting done.

Edit: actually there are supposed to be more than 3 wires, there should be another wire going to the AC compressor wiring for the fan to know when to come on when the compressor kicks on but I don't have AC so I just never ran the wire.

Is that the ProForm fan with the thermostat sensing bulb built in to the housing? If so, I'm pretty sure I've got the same fan as you. I've only got 3 wires running to mine, like how the instructions said to wire it (noticed you have like 6) but it never kicked on thermostatically. The bulb isn't making full contact, could this be the issue?
And sorry Kenny Kline, I really don't mean to hijack your thread. This problem has just been plaguing me for months and I'm so close to my car getting done.

Edit: actually there are supposed to be more than 3 wires, there should be another wire going to the AC compressor wiring for the fan to know when to come on when the compressor kicks on but I don't have AC so I just never ran the wire.

I have them all hooked up because I use the manual override and the A/c turn on. And yes, that dumb assed bulb has to make positive contact w/ the radiator or it will not turn on. I have already dealt w/ it twice now, ( It has come off twice, and the fan won't turn on , that's how I know it's hanging) It can't even be close, it has to touch, or it will "false" read and turn the fan on at a higher temp. I plan to epoxy the damn thing to the radiator this time to keep it attached.