JRichker -- Rest in Peace

• Sponsors (?)

I don’t know about you guys, but I’ve been reading his posts since I joined up around 2000. Even though I never met him, that’s 20 years of conversing with someone and that really does have an effect on you.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 4 users
When I had my mopar I was on a couple of mopar sites like this one.... Since the cars were 60's early 70's, most of the people were older than what seems to be on here.... The guys starting passing from age 20 years ago..... Like JR, alot of them were a wealth of knowledge that when gone, alot of help simply disappeared..... Some of the guys I conversed with actually worked on the Assembly line and built the cars we were driving...... Always to be missed.......

Reactions: 1 user
I don’t know about you guys, but I’ve been reading his posts since I joined up around 2000. Even though I never met him, that’s 20 years of conversing with someone and that really does have an effect on you.

@Noobz347 do we have any sort of “In memoriam” CT or member title to bestow? I feel like his posts will always be references and there should be some way to bestow respect upon his account here.

Not to go off-topic, because this thread should be 100% JRs, but I do know of two other significant passings on some of the other forums I am a member of. I guess the reality of being a part of a forum community for the better part of 20+ years.
Completely agree. I actually thought he was older than he was by some of his references. Too young for sure!
I lost my dad in ‘17 which was the year I joined here. JR immediately reminded me of my dad, who also had a great electrical mind, and was former Air Force. I even sent him a thank you PM telling him that at one point when I was working through some things.
Again, although never met him, he definitely had a lasting effect and will be remembered for sure!

Reactions: 1 users
Completely agree. I actually thought he was older than he was by some of his references. Too young for sure!
I lost my dad in ‘17 which was the year I joined here. JR immediately reminded me of my dad, who also had a great electrical mind, and was former Air Force. I even sent him a thank you PM telling him that at one point when I was working through some things.
Again, although never met him, he definitely had a lasting effect and will be remembered for sure!
Same here. My dad was an engineer at Picker xray and very analytical. Would study a wire diagram like it was the bible. He was very step 1...2..3.. like JR was where most of us just scan around and start in the middle.

Very sad news indeed. He was born one year after my Dad. My Dad passed in 2000. We will miss JR for sure. His help and contributions to this forum was absolutely huge. He will be missed. Save some room for me up there Brother JR. I'll see you someday.

I thought you all might like to see the banner that the staff came up with to help commemorate:

1666832564976.png

• Loved It!
Reactions: 12 users
27,513 posts. Wow. That coupled with the quality of his content really speaks volumes. He truly was a great man and so very knowledgeable. I wasn't aware of his military service until this thread and highly respect that as I have several family members who served in the military or LE. Thanks for your service @jrichker rest in peace Brother.

He was/is my hero, his attitude, service to God, our country and to the mustang community here at stangnet should be a model for everyone.
there is a empty spot in our community and in our hearts now.

I feel the same way. Well said.

It was a shock to log in today and see this news. He's always been here helping people and I have never had anything but the highest respect for him. Jrichker was a class act!

Last edited:
Wanted to keep this near the top a bit longer. I had to reference a few of JRs posts and I’m still bummed out over this.

Sent him a nice farewell PM. Hope he read it.

I wonder if his family knew about his involvement in this site and all the knowledge he shared and people he helped. They should….. I’m sure they’d be proud!

I just found out this tragic news.. my heart ❤️ sank. Jrichker is Legend and we were and still receiving his blessings

I say a prayer for you tonight
Thank you Jrichker for your supreme relentless Ford expertise

Reactions: 4 users
I’m really terrible with goodbyes. I’ve written a few posts in this thread and ended up deleting them.

The surging idle checklist is what brought me to this website. It was one of the first issues I addressed with the car. It’s written so well, step by step with a really clear order of operations. It speaks to my inner OCD. Furthermore, it actually solved my issues.

I never met the man, but I will forever be in his debt and his passing was felt by many all across the world. Literally across the world, because I know that’s how many people have referred to his posts for help.

Until Valhalla, brother.

Reactions: 6 users