June 26 North NJ Meet/Cruise Final Route *Print It*

QUICK91LX

Founding Member
Dec 7, 2001
New Jersey
Hey all this is the final cruise route...yes it has alot of turns in it but it was designed to avoid bumpy roads and traffic lights that might seperate us. Also i tried to incorporate as many of the nicest driving, windy and scenic roads around here as i could without going crazy (there are MANY MANY more good roads to cruise too, ill just have to plan another one :D)

Also, I have in mind a few places to pull off in the event our convoy gets too seperated by other traffic, etc. I hope to keep it together as much as possible.

But just in case anyone does get seperated, here is the route we will follow. Print it out if you want to have it with you during the trip.

I have also changed it from a BBQ to meeting in a town with a selection of different food, so everyone can get what they want and then come back to the group so we can all eat and chill together.

------------------------------------------------------

Mustang Meet & Cruise
Sunday, June 26, 2005

Contact Info:
Bill’s Cell: (862)268-5280

Cruise Route:

- Start out leaving Rockaway Mall by turning LEFT onto Mt. Hope Ave.

- Go up 2 lights, and turn LEFT onto the I-80 West entrance ramp.

- Follow I-80 and leave the highway via Exit 34B (NJ-15 North).
Continue to follow NJ-15 even after it narrows to standard 2-lane
double-yellow road in Sparta Township.

- Turn RIGHT onto Sussex County Rt. 565 at Rosses Corner, immediately after ‘Ideal Farms.’ The Chatterbox Drive-In Restaurant will be on your left.

- Follow Rt. 565 to the 6th LEFT (Sussex County Rt 637) and then make your very first RIGHT onto Pigeon Hill Rd.

- Follow Pigeon Hill to the end, and make the WIDE LEFT (awkward intersection…you’ll see it) onto Sussex County Rt. 628.

- Follow Rt. 628 to the 6th RIGHT which puts you on Sussex County Rt. 649.

- Follow Rt. 649 to the end (watch for the Laguna Seca corkscrew-like curve) and turn LEFT onto Sussex County Rt. 519.

- Follow Rt. 519 to the 4-way intersection of 519 and Sussex County Rt. 650. Turn RIGHT onto Rt. 650.

- Follow Rt. 650 to the end and turn LEFT onto NJ-23.

- Follow Rt. 23 for a few miles until we will bear RIGHT onto Sussex County Rt. 651, the first turnoff after the Green Valley Farm.

- Follow Rt. 651 all the way up (watch for the hard switch-back and uphill curves) across the New York state line and into the small town of Unionville, NY.

- At the end of the road, bear RIGHT onto Rt. 284 which will bring us back into New Jersey.

- Follow Rt 284 all the way down to the first and only traffic light on the road, in Sussex Boro. Turn RIGHT at the light.

- Head up around the left-hand bend that goes around the Gulf Station, and continue straight through the next 2 lights, which puts you back on Sussex County Rt. 565, just in the opposite direction than we came.

- Go straight through the Rosses Corner Light (Chatterbox on your left, Exxon Station on your right). This puts you onto NJ-206 South.

- Follow Rt 206 to the 3rd Light where you will turn RIGHT into Hampton Plaza. We will park in an open area, probably someplace between the Marshalls and the rest of the strip-mall.

See you all tomorrow!

• Sponsors (?)

To anyone who has already printed the directions out at this point, i made an error...we will be taking Rt 80 WEST, not east as i originally had in there...my mistake, just trying to do too many things at once

ummm *thinks* there is really no place that can accomodate us w/o us being an interference...there is a nice grassy area near the road at the shopping center where we can all back in next to the grass and set up our lawn chairs or blankets and chill there, plus be seen by allllll the passing traffic :D it should be a good time!!!