Just Did My Yearly Spark Plug Check

• Sponsors (?)

I might go and check mine now. Which one is known to blow out of the head and how can it be prevented? I thought I heard the problem was fixed in 03 or something like that. Also heard you need to be really careful removing the plugs cause the threads in the head might come out with the plug. Anyone know anything about this?

Thats so weird cause I just was checking mine around one o'clock :rlaugh: Just making sure everything was burning right. I am glad to say these plugs have 12k on them and show no signs of wear or oil :nice: Not bad for 120K old piston rings :banana:

I might go and check mine now. Which one is known to blow out of the head and how can it be prevented? I thought I heard the problem was fixed in 03 or something like that. Also heard you need to be really careful removing the plugs cause the threads in the head might come out with the plug. Anyone know anything about this?

You need to remove them from a cold engine to prevent this, and when you put them back in torque to 13 ft.lb.