Just finished putting the car back together and it wont start......Starter????

So we just finished EVERYTHING, car looks pretty cool but the polish job I did on the intake and supercharger is worse then when it was before. Anyways we go to crank it and the battery died which is weird because its brand new. Throw a charger on it, try to start it and my freind said sparks were coming from the coil and it made a funny noise so I put a new coil on it and we let it recharge a lil. 2nd try the starter(i think) made this funny noise and the car didnt turn over or anything. Now heres what happened with the starter. I was hooking up the wires and one of them was real hard to get to. I was tightening and tightening and then crack, part of the starter kinda like broke off. It looks like it was connected to a solenoid or something but all the wireing was there so I thought it would still work. When I turn key, it makes this CLICKTYCLACKCLAKC noise and the engine doesnt turn over. What could this be? I am going to try tomorow to buy a new one but I dont know if I will have the time as I HAVE to leave for college tomorrow. Any ideas as what it could be?

Sorry for the mispelling/bad grammer, its late and im tired.

• Sponsors (?)

If it's clicking then it could be a low battery. try it in the morning after the batt charges overnight and see if the starter cranks. if it sounds funny take it aand get a free check from a parts store.