Just got my car back together!*PROBLEM*

notch88

Oct 3, 2005
ok so heres the deal i finally got my donor stang put back together last night i put stock headers and h-pipe back on so i had to take out the spark plugs etc. and dipstick tube.....so i get ready to fire it up and it starts!! so im like damn im good ..... then i was ganna get out to check my motor to make sure everything looked to be running right when i noticed smoke/steam coming from the drivers side by the spark plugs and heads...im not exactly sure where it come from yet but it was just under the spark plugs is where it looked like the smoke was coming from.....have any of you guys experienced this problem before while messing with the parts the i did.....if so can anyone give me a clue as to wat i did wrong or wat is wrong???
thanks,
Tyler

• Sponsors (?)

could it just be oil or grease on your headers? It will usually cause white smoke, let it run and see if it stops. get a closer look to see where it's coming from. It could even be a leaking valve cover gasket letting oil drip onto your exhaust.

mikemustang289 said:
could it just be oil or grease on your headers? It will usually cause white smoke, let it run and see if it stops. get a closer look to see where it's coming from. It could even be a leaking valve cover gasket letting oil drip onto your exhaust.

Thats what it sounds like to me.

I agree with the others. As long as it has coolant and oil at proper levels and no visible major leaks just let it idle for a while and it will burn off.

I replaced my header bolts and my mechanix gloves had oil residue on them. Just from those touching the headers it smoked pretty good for about 10 minutes after start up.

wow....i didnt know that would cause it to smoke like that... im sure there is grease and oil on the headers from my hands....ill have to let it run longer and see if it burns it off...hopefully it does....thanks guys
Tyler