• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

just had my heads milled=no run

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mr. Rustypwnz
  • Start date Start date Sep 1, 2008

Mr. Rustypwnz

Advanced Member
Jun 1, 2005
1,761
63
69
indianapolis/ valdosta ga
Sep 1, 2008
#1
  • Sep 1, 2008
  • #1
I cant for the life of me, get this thing to run... but I thought I would need shims, but everyone I talk to says no, so do you really need shims when you have them milled? they were .030 btw..
 

TomCat

New Member
Apr 19, 2005
412
0
0
Utah
Sep 1, 2008
#2
  • Sep 1, 2008
  • #2
Shim like valve spring shims? I think those are only for spring height. Maybe by milling the heads you've cause an issue with valvetrain geometry... like with pushrod length?
Hope you find what it is.
 

Mr. Rustypwnz

Advanced Member
Jun 1, 2005
1,761
63
69
indianapolis/ valdosta ga
Sep 1, 2008
#3
  • Sep 1, 2008
  • #3
I got some shims for the rockers on the way so well find out.. .
 

Vinnietbird

Member
Jun 2, 2005
584
3
19
Sep 2, 2008
#4
  • Sep 2, 2008
  • #4
I had the same problem.Rocker arm shims made everything better.
 

Mr. Rustypwnz

Advanced Member
Jun 1, 2005
1,761
63
69
indianapolis/ valdosta ga
Sep 2, 2008
#5
  • Sep 2, 2008
  • #5
yeah I dont know what I was thinking, I should have went with my gut and just got em earlier in the week, but its all good, my old 86 gt had em, and I totally spaced it... lol
 

795.0pacecar

lover of pudgy polygamists
Jul 11, 2003
480
0
17
Senoia, GA
Sep 2, 2008
#6
  • Sep 2, 2008
  • #6
Measure the pushrod length and lifter preload. You cant just go by what other people say might work.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Electrical problem plug in the drivers kick panel
  • Mindseye007
  • Aug 16, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
170
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 16, 2026
Mindseye007
B
Electrical Why does my fox body keep frying eecs
  • brandyn200
  • Jun 20, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
8
Views
396
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jun 25, 2026
AeroCoupe
D
Engine HO cam in non HO roller block ‘93 f150
  • DanC1993f150
  • Mar 21, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
7
Views
437
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Mar 29, 2026
General karthief
Engine Explorer - Lower intake internal cleaning
  • R82148V
  • Nov 11, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2 3
Replies
42
Views
2K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Dec 6, 2025
rednotch
Resolved Fixing a GT40P Valvetrain nightmare
  • foxbodyclark
  • May 21, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
7
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 24, 2025
limp
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?