Just installed an 89 tilt wheel and have a few question about the horn connection.

gnx547

Sep 26, 2006
After installing my tilt wheel I drove the car and the wheel isn't straight..I remember before when I had my old steering wheel, the wheel was pretty straight...I installed the tilt wheel straight..How do I correct this? How can I make the steering wheel straight?

I am also trying to get the horn to work..On the tilt wheel theres 2 wires for the horn connector and on the 91 theres 3 wires...Which 2 color wires from my old tilt do I use to connect the horn connector on the tilt wheel?

Also does anyone know if theres a horn relay? If so where is it located?

• Sponsors (?)

not sure if it will help but on my 87 theres 3 copper male connectors coming out of the steering wheel but only 2 of the connections are used for the horn....they go to the goofy looking white plastic piece and the 2 wires come out of there and go to the 2 copper plates that make contact when you press the ford emblem......now that I think about it, 88+ have different steering wheels so it's a different setup so it prob won't help ya but that's my 2 cents.

not sure if it will help but on my 87 theres 3 copper male connectors coming out of the steering wheel but only 2 of the connections are used for the horn....they go to the goofy looking white plastic piece and the 2 wires come out of there and go to the 2 copper plates that make contact when you press the ford emblem......now that I think about it, 88+ have different steering wheels so it's a different setup so it prob won't help ya but that's my 2 cents.

I pulled out the cover and I do see the connectors and all three are all connected..There are alot of spade terminals would you know which 2 are supposed to be connected? Would you have a pic of it showing the correct way the terminals are supposed to be connected?