Just installed BMR Lower Control Arms...

PoopDawg

Autozone Junkie
Founding Member
Jun 21, 2002
Orlando, FL
Just got done putting them in. First thing, I ordered tubulars, and got boxed... no biggy. Second, the wheel hop is drastically reduced. It doesn't hop all over the place now... the upper I am sure will eliminate the rest.

Only thing I dislike are the cheap zerk fittings that don't hold the grease in (the grease squirts back out, and one frickin' broke!) and now I have a prominent axle whine between 55 and 80 MPH. I'm hoping the upper and panhard bar won't make it any worse! Also, if you're not 100% smooth with the clutch, the rear makes a lot of clunking noise, basically the rear end being loaded. Other then that, they were extremely easy to put in and work good.

Nick

• Sponsors (?)

I doubt the pinion angle changed. They are exactly the same length as the stockers. The bushings are poly's.

I know what the problem is.... The 2005 Mustangs all had this problem. The axle whine. I worked for Ford at the time the 05 was released. We were putting all new guts in every 05's rear end that came in the door for this problem. To me, it seems like instead of fixing the gear whine (which would have probably cost MILLIONS), they put in softer, more noise reducing bushings in the control arms so the sound was not transfered into the cabin. I've driven many 05's, and the noise is exactly the same.

But, now I know if I take it in for axle whine, the first thing they are going to blame it on are the poly bushings/aftermarket control arms...