Just joined stangnet..

turbotbirdguy79

Jul 13, 2006
Lockport
Well,im a noob here so I thought I would post some pics of my cars.I know this isnt a mustang but its a 2.3 car.Its my 88 TC.The first few are of my daily driver (04 gt)Except for winters.Second is my 88TC.and my old (( SHO which the mustang replaced.We got into a head on collision in the SHO.Ive had the car for 8 years now and it was my sons first car he rode in when he was born from the hospital in,I may give it(and all the headaches) to him when he is old enough to drive:lol: .Anyway the The mods on the TC are:Stock block,bottom end freshend up
SVO ford motorsport big valve head 1.89/1.59
a237*2 advanced,racer walsh adj cam pully
ported upper and lower intake,65mmTB Im putting on right now.
kirbin AFPR,Stock 35#ers cleaned and FB(have 55# but waiting for standalone or a chip)255 walbro HP FP.Precision SC50 turbo .63 a/r stage 3 @22 psi,gillis boost valve,bosch BPV,a forge is on the way
coolingmist Alky injection with a 3.5 GPH jet,50 meth/50 water mix
ported E6,may order a 40 bobs header when the budget(read wife lets me),3"downpipe and exaust all the way back into a flowmaster 40(yeah I know turbos dont like chambered muffs but it sounds really good)
3.73 gears,WC trans,was an a4ld before I did a 5speed swap
centerforce stage2
MT E/t's
draglights
pro 5.0 shifter
lower control arms have been boxed
Diet
A bunce of other stuff Im sure im not thinking of,This has been a 5 year project.
high performance "type R blinker fluid"J/K
My best time was a 12.82 with stock injectors which I was pinging through the traps.Im hoping to see low 12's with larger injectors and a front mount.I iced the intercooler before I ran which seemed to make a BIG difference.I know its no SVO(which I wish to god I had one)but its still a 2.3 turbo so I thought I would share it with you all.Later! Chris..

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e121/turbotbirdguy79/

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks.Yeah, UTI is a great tech school.I took automotive tech and the FACT program(ford)And learned ALOT.If you decide to go I would take would take the FACT and take diesel,I wish I would have(even though you go through alot of diesel in the ford program).Everyone wants a good diesel tech.My buudy had been a diesel tech for ford for 9 years and this guys bringing home around $2,200 a week.:jaw: Thanks again!

tealtiger93 said:
Welcome, would you recommend UTI to anyone else? My buddies and I have been thinking about leaving our 4 year schools for it (we'd attend the Exton, PA branch).

I went to the NASCAR Technical Institute in Mooresville, NC. It was awesome.. I learned a ton of stuff. As with most large schools, there is a fair amount fo BS and rules to deal with, but if you just deal with it and go in with an attitude to learn and soak up as much knowlege as you can, you WILL learn an amazing amount of technical information. Also, building Nextel cup engines rocked.. and then running & tuning a Nextel car on the chassis dyno and engine dynos was pretty sweet too! Also learned how to TIG weld there.. and that quickly led to me just having to buy a TIG for my garage because it's so awesome haha. After all that in NC, I went on to the VW MSAT program, which required me to move to PA for 3 months.. I went to the Exton campus (very nice campus, by the way).. learned even more there. Now I am working at a VW dealer here in Memphis. I broke 40 hours my 3rd week on the job :) I have a 3 month guarantee, but I'm always trying to flag as many hours as I can to get ready for when I get off my guarantee here in a week or two. VW's are pretty easy to work on, and warranty work pay isn't too bad. I'm glad I did this.. and this is after I got a 4 year CIS degree. If you have any questions, just ask me, I'll be glad to help if I can.

Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread.. just wanted to relate my experience with the school.