Just picked up an 85 convertible 5.0 GT

1TDUBB1

Apr 17, 2018
ATX
Hey guys, I'm new to the Mustang family. The cars in pretty good shape. I'm the 3rd owner, it's got 109K miles, all original except for some flow masters, the tops good but I did have to tighten the driver side window hook to seal the top of the driver side windows.

It's not my only ride, so it'll be a nice sunny weekend driver. I'm not trying to track it or drag it. I just want to beef it up but keep it looking as original as possible.

From what I've learned so far, the stock rear end and transmission can't handle much more power, so I'm thinking that's where I'll start.

I look forward to learning more and will appreciate soaking up all your knowledge and am open to entertaining good ideas.

• Sponsors (?)

Square eye vert eh! And a GT at that! Sounds like a score but we don't have any pics, yet. They are coming right? We have a rule here on stangnet : no pics=didn't happen. We have a bunch of members with square light cars over in the 79-93 fox forums, they even let me hang out there so get over there and post up some pics and we'll give you pointers on how to make that ride bullitt proof.

AOD and CFI?! Please say it is. Oh and welcome the asylum. And the car stealing chap that posted above me will take your car for his collection. Keep an eye on him.

Reactions: 1 user
Welcome to Stangnet.

It’s always good to have another 4i’d brother here.

Like has been said, pictures please. We’re kind of picture whores here:eek:.

I wish it was stick, but it's the AOD with the EFI throttle body. I'll definitely be searching the site for upgrades.

It already runs great, so I ordered new weather striping for the top and need to get the AC going before anything else. I want the inside to feel like I'm sitting in a new car, then I work on performance.

I know this is the wrong section, but the AC compressors not spinning. Should I just order the clutch or the whole thing? Is their a way to tell if it;s just a bad clutch?
20180412_163816.jpg
20180413_115047.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Have the ac checked by a shop, they can check pressure and fill if necessary and check for leaks, some will even do it for free, most will charge you a small fee but you will know what needs repaired.