just put a cobra intake on, engine wont turn over...

bmorrisj

Sep 26, 2003
Buena Park, CA
ok i drove my car into the driveway....took off the upper/lower intake manifold, new gaskets/sealer...put my cobra/explorer on....put the distributor in at the mark.... now the engine will not turn at all, battery is charged...starter turns fine...its like the crank wont turn....what gives....

and the dist shaft is not stuck as i took it out, and still nothing...

• Sponsors (?)

Did you disconnect the negaitve battery cable (from the block) by any chance?? You said the starter turns...is it turning when you turn the key and grinding on the flywheel?? Need a little more Info to get a feel for this one.

yeah, im think you didnt hook something back up. check all your harnesses and check your ground on the back of the intake. i had to relocate mine because it was almost impossible to get it back on where it was.

Did you get water in the cylinders when you removed the lower manifold? Remove all the spark plugs, inspect them and try craning the engine while they are out. Watch for water on the spark plugs and water coming out of the plug holes when you crank the engine.

OMFGBBQSAUCE!!!!!!!111111 i picked the right head to pull...

wth....a little torx screw that holds the 50 HO plate got stuck on the #4 piston......thanks for the support you guys ...im beat ,i'll stick it together tomorrow....

S3010269.jpg

S3010270.jpg

Attachments

• S3010269.jpg
    S3010269.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 56
  • S3010270.jpg
    S3010270.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 70