Just rebuilt my 2100 carb. but have a power valve question.

After losing fuel out of my float bowl after long non op times, thought I'd change the power valve. Read where they can get ruptured and seep gas into intake. The new one from Napa was the same diameter but the opening exposing the diaphragm was bigger? Maybe it doesn't matter but thought I'd check. I know based on elevations there different power valves. Couldn't see any tears since much of old diaphragm was shrouded by the cover. Also replaced needle and seat and accerator diaphragm. Idles fine but will test drive tomorrow. BTW-66 289 C-Code. Thnaks Much

• Sponsors (?)

The power valves supplied in the echlin carb kits will be generally ok with most of 2100 2 barrels. The openings to the diaphram arent neccesarily how much resistance it will have, but will be regulated by the spring on the other side. It should be fine.

Thanks grainboy for information

The power valves supplied in the echlin carb kits will be generally ok with most of 2100 2 barrels. The openings to the diaphram arent neccesarily how much resistance it will have, but will be regulated by the spring on the other side. It should be fine.

but had one more question. Set fuel level wet at 7/8ths.per book.Checked this afternoon and it dropped 1/8th from yesterday.Have all new parts(power valve,needle and seat etc. and air horn secured so no evaporation. From what I read and can remember from the sixties(Vietnam tour and beer keg parties ! LOL)the power valve ruptured and the needle and seat if leaking by can make the venturis seep fuel to the intake ? Didn't see any cracks in carb. body will take out tomorrow and recheck. Is there something I'm missing? Thanks Again